Notices
Extreme Motorsports – MD [Visit Site]

My Experience with ExtremeMotorsports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by illegal99si
Damn man that sux about your car i had my white 1g put together by extreme needless to say after I got it back i had to fix some of there mistakes but luckily one of there honest employees helped me out after he left sorry to hear about the and to the guy who bought a wrecked evo from him it wasnt the silver one was it just curious
haha thats funny josh what mistakes did i make. your car was rushed to get done n when your car came out of the shop it looked good. u just needed to replace a couple parts that needed to replace that didnt fit in the budget right. n ill admit it needed a better tune.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:15 PM

Its not a moot point yet because they're getting a 3 million dollar settlement from the fire and ripping off all the customers and people they were in business with. So there is a good chance they will open up again, but more importantly the people screwed over need to stay in touch, work together, until everything is reimbursed..
** update car has in engine in it! New shop informed me of even more parts missing off my car.. radiator.. oil cooler.. List just keeps on growing **

Almost 1 year since ive driving my car. Cant wait!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by precisionpsi9
haha thats funny josh what mistakes did i make.

Were you working at the shop during the fire? Wondering how the entire passenger side of my car was scratch through the paint to metal when there was no engine in it? How fast did you all push the car out to wash of the smoke? And why didnt anyone tell me about it, instead of letting me find it on my own?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so are you going to take them to court? a small claims case, depending on your jurisdiction may not reward you enough money to cover the damages to your car. i highly recommend you start a civil case against them immediately. if you get a really good lawyer, you can also sue for lawyer fees, ultimately making your $$$ for free at no extra costs. if you have any questions or need help, pm me.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 99gsxLEO
Were you working at the shop during the fire? Wondering how the entire passenger side of my car was scratch through the paint to metal when there was no engine in it? How fast did you all push the car out to wash of the smoke? And why didnt anyone tell me about it, instead of letting me find it on my own?

Matt this is mat we talked before about what happen to your car we talked at

extreme then when i saw u at amstuning. The best thing i can tell u is make a

list of what was missing on your car. Oh and dont think sean is goin to reopen

anytime soon. Matt if i can do anything for you let me know. Hows the build

come at amstuning.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:25 PM

Hey whats up Mat.. yeah, everything is being documented and listed. have every email, invoice, photo, you name it from the begining. Just waiting for the car to be finished so I know the full amount of damages. Even may use the Lawyers from the "red evo" case since they already have knowledge of Extreme and were so successful against them before. I'll keep you posted

The guys at AMS have been great thru the whole process. willing to talk and go over everything with me. Pretty confident its being fixed properly and in good hands this time. Builds going well! Went with a 25g turbo they had at the shop. Know there is a lot of newer turbos out there, but still with the 2.4 its going to but down some impressive numbers.. hopefully after this week it will just be the cosmetic stuff to the body left.

How's business with the new shop? Hope things are good man
Old Feb 1, 2009, 09:41 PM

this is depressing.....
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:50 PM

Hey whats up Mat.. yeah, everything is being documented and listed. have every email, invoice, photo, you name it from the begining. Just waiting for the car to be finished so I know the full amount of damages. Even may use the Lawyers from the "red evo" case since they already have knowledge of Extreme and were so successful against them before. I'll keep you posted

The guys at AMS have been great thru the whole process. willing to talk and go over everything with me. Pretty confident its being fixed properly and in good hands this time. Builds going well! Went with a 25g turbo they had at the shop. Know there is a lot of newer turbos out there, but still with the 2.4 its going to but down some impressive numbers.. hopefully after this week it will just be the cosmetic stuff to the body left.

How's business with the new shop? Hope things are good man
Well Matt i wish u luck with the case n hope you get everything worked out.
I dont think Sean is trying to screw u. I just think hes got alot of stuff goin on
right now with someone trying to burn the shop down n trying to get everything back in order being in business for 15years n someone coming in and taking it from u is pretty hard to deal with. Thats all im saying.

AMStuning is a good shop i know dan n cory will take care of u. Im finishing up a 2g too. Its a 2.3L Eagle Crank,Manley rods, Wiesco pistons same setup Sean was selling u. This set up works very well. The most i've made on this set up was about 740hp with a 37r n couple other mods. The 2g im doing also has a Borg Warner turbo 366 it will probably push about 650hp to 700hp on race gas around 36psi. I'll have it up at AMStuning probably in a couple weeks to tune it with Dsmlink v3 something else u should look in to.

Shop is doing good and very busy im just a one man crew i like it better that way. I just finish up two evos the one u saw at AMStuning with HTA35r 2.0L built it made 530hp n 460tq at 26psi on straight 93pump im happy with it nice street car. The other one is 2.0L built n a ams850r kit it made 630hp and 470tq on 110gas at 32psi. Ive got a couple other projects coming out soon.

Matt if u need anything let me know!!!!
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

this sucks really bad, very unfortunate for ya'll id be mad as well
Old Feb 2, 2009, 09:08 PM

Well whether he means to screw me over or not.. He is. Ive given he many opportunities to do the right thing.. And he's not willing to talk about anything, or make it right. Suing is the last option but al I got now.. You saw my car when it came to Extreme it was probably the cleanest 2g 99gsx you could find inside and out. And it was trashed when I picked it up.. (inside and out)
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:48 PM

Well whether he means to screw me over or not.. He is. Ive given he many opportunities to do the right thing.. And he's not willing to talk about anything, or make it right. Suing is the last option but al I got now.. You saw my car when it came to Extreme it was probably the cleanest 2g 99gsx you could find inside and out. And it was trashed when I picked it up.. (inside and out)
I dont know Matt i wish i can help. Yeah your 2g was pretty clean when it came in and pretty f##ked up when it left with the smoke damage n the scrath down the side of it. You'll get everything worked out keep me posted with the built.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 04:45 PM

I also was a victim

I had TWO cars at extreme when the fire happened. I had been an extreme customer since their opening. I put down a large deposit on a car that was being worked on. They just called and told me to pick my cars up (no fire damage thank G-d). Both cars are in pieces and not drivable. I don't know what to do. I am the patient type and so were waiting for them to re-open, but it looks as though it will not happen....
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:42 PM

[quote=redbyme;6677636]I had TWO cars at extreme when the fire happened. I had been an extreme customer since their opening. I put down a large deposit on a car that was being worked on. They just called and told me to pick my cars up (no fire damage thank G-d). Both cars are in pieces and not drivable. I don't know what to do. I am the patient type and so were waiting f
for them to re-open, but it looks as though it will not happen....[/q

What two cars did you have at extreme
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:22 AM

I had a first gen talon w/a complete motor build and every conceivable upgrade, as well a 1993 mirage w/4g63 swap that I was building for the street (800 whp and 2100 lbs w/awd). Both are in pieces!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:33 PM

I was wondering what happend to Extreme. I used to buy a lot of parts from them and browsed thier site from time to time. I was wondering what happend to the site. I guess this explains it.

Hope all you guys get eveything worked out and get some compensation.

Last edited by Boostjunki84; Mar 22, 2009 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: My Experience with ExtremeMotorsports