Notices
Extreme Motorsports – MD [Visit Site]

My Experience with ExtremeMotorsports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Experience with ExtremeMotorsports

I like quite a few of you had a car at Extreme during the fire. Unfortunately my windows were down and had a good amount of smoke and some water damage. But that was just the start. Most of the damage was from the Shop throwing parts in my vehicle. destroying the carpet and breaking the front seat. When I went to pick up my vehicle the outside was covered in dents and scratches threw the paint, even the rims were all chewed up and sharp to the touch. Which is very impressive since it didnt have an engine at the time, all this was caused when they "pushed and rolled" it out of the shop to wash off the smoke. Best part is no one said anything to me, like i wouldnt notice? Missing original parts to my car.. And as far as my deposit.. I still havent seen any money back. I dropped the car off in late Feb 08, fire was in Jun (actually found out about it on here.. a week later! ) picked up the car in Sept, after the owner promised me a full refund when he couldnt explain all the damages caused AFTER the fire. I still am waiting for my refund?

Ive been reading through all the old threads. And wondering If anyone is still waiting for deposits or parts? Anyone gotten farther than i have? Ive been trying my best my hardest not to sue, wasted enough money on these guys already. Was really hoping they would do the right thing........

Thoughts? Experience?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, just wow. hire a lawyer bro.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hey man, get in contact with me ASAP through PM's. I bought a wrecked Evo from this guy and it's been nothing but BS the entire time. I bought it like 5 months ago and still no bill of sale. Plus the amount of damage done to the car was WAAAAAY more than they told me. I've had a LONG list of problems with this entire transaction!!

I've been waiting until the car is finished before I lawyer up, but if you're thinking about going down that road then it might be beneficial to combine our cases. And if there are anyone else out there that's had similar experiences.

I bought my car from them cause I figured they were legit and I was getting a good deal. Here I am now and used all the money I had to just purchase parts. I have to take out a loan to pay for the labor.

Plus I can show you the pics of the BBS wheels they sold me. $1000 and the tires are DONE. They can't be used at all. And EVERY rim is rashed like crazy and chiped everywhere. Apparently that's a good deal! I tried to get my money back and send them back the rims but they stopped responding.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

damn this sucks, u should both get lawyers and stomp his ***!!
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

+1, Y'll should go to a lawyers' firm and get a couple of lawyers to make this one big case. I'll bet that you two will get a respond from them right away!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Extreme is a complete joke of a shop.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:48 PM

Ive had enough. I have been more than patient and reasonable about this. Left a message giving the owner until Fri morning to give me a full refund. Or im going to sue. Remember all the "red evo" posting?? Im using the same lawyers!

**lawyer fees, court fee, and actual repair fees etc.. going to be ALOT more than my deposit - think they'd learn from the last time
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:06 AM

Surprise! Ive received, No Email... No Phone Call... No Refund.. = Suing
Old Jan 18, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF this is really sad to hear. Are they even conducting business anymore? Has anyone been by the shop recently?
Old Jan 19, 2009, 01:02 AM

Haven't been by the old shop since I picked up my car in Sept. But they had SO many problems I doubt they will reopen at that location or as Extreme. . Shop guys are blaming the wife for running the place into the ground... Whether that's true or not, When you mess up you have to take responsibility for it. You don't treat people like this or continue to rip them off....
Old Jan 19, 2009, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

wow... well just know that you guys have strong cases in your favor, if you have enough evidence... remember a good lawyer, and solid evidence that these guys damaged your car and parts, could possibly lead to you having plenty of money to have your troubles repaired!

good luck gents

i say sue the pants off of them... also post this up in the service / review section... not only in the shops section....

ed
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

I would get a lawyer. Good luck.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
wow... well just know that you guys have strong cases in your favor, if you have enough evidence...
Thanks man, I do!
1. I paid by Credit card. Just passed the 180days on the first deposit, so the bank could not help me.. Like they did with the second payment.

2. All dates, invoices and EMAILS saved, showing my car was there for too long and what work needed to be done. That the shop kept putting me off and the problems I have now were never an issuse before. Also the early emails saying I would be getting a full refund.

3. PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES! Cant say it enough.. before.. during.. and after. Went after the fire and took pictures, yes the inside and outside were covered in smoke and dust. But the body, rims were not damaged.. there was some parts already thrown in the car, and I asked them not too and put everything in boxes or on something to limit the damage.. which they didnt and just caused more damage..

4. Statements from the workers in the shop, and the new shop working on fixing my car.

5. Then there is all the other people who had cars at Extreme and their experiences being similar to mine.

I hate having to sue, even tho I know my remaining deposit wont cover all the damage being repaired.. It would have been something...
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:53 AM

Damn man that sux about your car i had my white 1g put together by extreme needless to say after I got it back i had to fix some of there mistakes but luckily one of there honest employees helped me out after he left sorry to hear about the and to the guy who bought a wrecked evo from him it wasnt the silver one was it just curious
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

All of this is moot now. Extreme is gone since the fire. I do not believe they are rebuilding.

Quick Reply: My Experience with ExtremeMotorsports