Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X = Last Evo in North America?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo X = Last Evo in North America?

This news doesn't look good. There are rumors swirling all over the place today saying that Mitsubishi is pulling out of NA. They missed union deadlines for new models, and now an executive has resigned that won't be replaced.

Things aren't looking good for

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubis...-question.html
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill never beleve any of this. Tons of stuff was being said bout ralliarts. And nothing changed and they r still here
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

If this does lead to Mitsubishi withdrawing from the US market... I will probably cry and then go buy a subaru...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
This would suck considerably. However, wouldn't this bring the price of the evo up??
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Just buy a used one.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

mitsu isnt going to stop selling cars in the US. they'll just import all their cars from japan instead of make them here.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

I see the price of Evo going up then. VII and IX will be rare cars in few years
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

I've never really liked leftlanenews.com

Someone from Mitsubishi is retiring. No big deal.

I personally think that all of what's going on at the normal IL plant is going to bring cheaper prices to evo... why?

Right now EVO's are made in Japan and shipped here. They are going to do away with older platforms and it would be cheaper for mits to make EVO in US and ship small cars from Japan..

I guess we will see what happens, but I laugh at the idea Mitsubishi will pull out of the US.

I'm guessing the 350hp turbodiesal hybrid will come from IL in 2013, but that's just a guess.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:40 PM

well the word in the uk is that they are not makin a evo xi. in mitsubishi make a new evo every 3 years so the xi is due now in a few month. and no word off it
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by madfast
mitsu isnt going to stop selling cars in the US. they'll just import all their cars from japan instead of make them here.
All of their slow selling models are the large platform ones made in Illinois so none of this is surprising as they want to focus on smaller cars. Really I can't believe this is news as 20+ year managers have been receiving early retirement packages at many companies since the recession. It's called trimming the fat as after 20 years she was probably making far too much money to justify for her position.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

So far this year, Mitsubishi’s Normal plant has produced 19,309 vehicles – well below the plant’s annual capacity of 200,000 units.
Wow, that's the furthest thing from lean I've ever heard; all of that capacity going to waste. It's no wonder a replacement supply chain chief isn't needed.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
All of their slow selling models are the large platform ones made in Illinois so none of this is surprising as they want to focus on smaller cars. Really I can't believe this is news as 20+ year managers have been receiving early retirement packages at many companies since the recession. It's called trimming the fat as after 20 years she was probably making far too much money to justify for her position.

yup, leftlane is just really digging deep to come up with a story. I bet every car manufacture in the world has had executives retire over the past 1-2 years...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mc auley
well the word in the uk is that they are not makin a evo xi. in mitsubishi make a new evo every 3 years so the xi is due now in a few month. and no word off it
They have usually made a new model every five years - so 2013 is the timeframe for the XI from everything I have seen.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JimGVT
They have usually made a new model every five years - so 2013 is the timeframe for the XI from everything I have seen.
How do you figure? There's been a new Evo every 1-2 years since it's introduction ('92, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '03, '05, '07 (as a 2008)). The 3 years we've been on the X is already the longest the Evo has ever gone without a refresh.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

i would not be surprise whatsoever if mitsu left NA, because they are doing the worst on automotive selling in NA and they have been that way since late 90's early 2000's, believe it or not they survive on evo sellings and those little box truck you see around. My good friend worked for mitsu as an engineer and he said evo is the only car that is well put together and makes them the most money. Everything else is waaaay overpriced and cheaply made, ohh yeah their suv's love to rollover. Thats why their warranty sucks too, because they are not making enough money selling cars to support the warranties.

Quick Reply: Evo X = Last Evo in North America?