Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X = Last Evo in North America?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madfast
LOL exactly!

the best example of recent MITSU FAIL is the lancer ralliart.

on paper its a HOLY ****!!! kinda car. in reality they gave it SHIIIIT tires, didnt do much to the suspension, brakes, and steering over the GTS, and a SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT tune. they packaged the expensive recaros with the HIDs and sound system, didnt offer a manual tranny, etc etc etc. how much FAIL can you fit into one car?

and even better is the fact that for 2011 STILL nothing has changed. god****indamn...

the reviews reflected this FAIL and instead of bringing mitsu back to glory, it has done nothing but show just how far they have fallen from grace...
It is puzzling that Mitsubishi couldn't at least fit wider wheels/tires on the ralliart. If they had done that from day one it would have fared so much better in the initial comparisons. It's the heaviest car in the class yet has the narrowest tires. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize it's a recipe for failure yet Mitsubishi seems blind or unwilling to do what it takes to be competitive.

I also agree with the mistake they are making on the Outlander Sport. They already have the 2.4L and know that Americans like torque yet they roll out this little CUV with the underpowered 2.0L. Honestly it's almost like they are purposely trying not to be successful.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madfast
LOL exactly!

the best example of recent MITSU FAIL is the lancer ralliart.

on paper its a HOLY ****!!! kinda car. in reality they gave it SHIIIIT tires, didnt do much to the suspension, brakes, and steering over the GTS, and a SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT tune. they packaged the expensive recaros with the HIDs and sound system, didnt offer a manual tranny, etc etc etc. how much FAIL can you fit into one car?

and even better is the fact that for 2011 STILL nothing has changed. god****indamn...

the reviews reflected this FAIL and instead of bringing mitsu back to glory, it has done nothing but show just how far they have fallen from grace...
I seriously believe you don't get the purpose of the ralliart. In my perspective it's the perfect car for me at the moment.
You may think everyone would buy a EvoX over a Ralliart any day if they had the $, but it's not that simple.

It's a succesfull combination of a daily driver and a sports car, even more so with the Sportback. You also get some nice options as standard like the adaptive corner lights, hid's, fog lights, electric windows at all doors and pretty sweet speakers stock (excluding the trebles) etc.
The suspension is balanced in between for ride comfort and sport use, same with the steering.
The tires could be upgraded, sure, but it's something you change later anyway.
The brakes probably don't cut it on the track, but I have no complaints yet as a daily driver with some spirited driving.
The Ralliart costs alot less then the Evo but you can still make it very track-viable for less then the cost of a Evo from what I've researched. Also you can't expect it to be right behind the Evo in performance when it costs alot less. And if it would be, you'd have to sacrifice more comfort.
I don't even want the recaros. I had sport seats in my Type-R which was cool and held me in place a bit better but I don't want it in my daily car. I feel the normal ralliart seats are very comfortable to me.
And the transmission is just wonderful. This is my first automatic (well, semiauto) and what a good job it does. Really adds to the comfort those times I'm stuck in traffic and I havnt really felt the urge to use the paddles alot cause the tranny does the job very well, with some minor jerking I can live with, both in normal and sport modes.

For some others I'm sure this is the next best thing to the Evo and there's alot of mods out there to take it closer to that car they Just can't afford.

If they would have put it closer to the Evo in performance and price, people would question why they would need the Evo, and instead bought the ralliart and those that would like more comfort would have chosen another brand probably cause of no middle ground.

Yes the ralliart is a middle ground, and it suits me very well at the moment. Enough said.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by gloom
I seriously believe you don't get the purpose of the ralliart. In my perspective it's the perfect car for me at the moment.
You may think everyone would buy a EvoX over a Ralliart any day if they had the $, but it's not that simple.

It's a succesfull combination of a daily driver and a sports car, even more so with the Sportback. You also get some nice options as standard like the adaptive corner lights, hid's, fog lights, electric windows at all doors and pretty sweet speakers stock (excluding the trebles) etc.
The suspension is balanced in between for ride comfort and sport use, same with the steering.
The brakes probably don't cut it on the track, but I have no complaints yet as a daily driver with some spirited driving.
The Ralliart costs alot less then the Evo but you can still make it very track-viable for less then the cost of a Evo from what I've researched. Also you can't expect it to be right behind the Evo in performance when it costs alot less. And if it would be, you'd have to sacrifice more comfort.
I don't even want the recaros. I had sport seats in my Type-R which was cool and held me in place a bit better but I don't want it in my daily car. I feel the normal ralliart seats are very comfortable to me.
And the transmission is just wonderful. This is my first automatic (well, semiauto) and what a good job it does. Really adds to the comfort those times I'm stuck in traffic and I havnt really felt the urge to use the paddles alot cause the tranny does the job very well, with some minor jerking I can live with, both in normal and sport modes.

For some others I'm sure this is the next best thing to the Evo and there's alot of mods out there to take it closer to that car they Just can't afford.

If they would have put it closer to the Evo in performance and price, people would question why they would need the Evo, and instead bought the ralliart and those that would like more comfort would have chosen another brand probably cause of no middle ground.

Yes the ralliart is a middle ground, and it suits me very well at the moment. Enough said.
It's competition isn't the Evo, it's the WRX that it needs to be better than. And you can see in this comparo that something as simple as Mitsu's choice in tires put the car at a handicap. That's all he and I were saying is somehow Mitsu always shoots themselves in the foot by screwing up some detail that is the difference between winning and being an also ran.

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/imp...preza-wrx.html
Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

1). Crappy stock tires are crappy.
2). I still don't understand the intercooler specially made for the Ralliart. It would have been cheaper to use one unit on both the Ralliart and EVO X.
3). Crappy brakes are beyond crappy.
4). Again, I can understand changing the gearing for the TC-SST in the RA, but going to the trouble of switching clutches, seals, etc. is retarded.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

^ do you want an evo for less $? That makes no sense and is OT.

It also makes no sense that because a US production person is leaving Mitsu will pull out of NA sales. Production maybe, but still quite a leap.

No evos have ever been made here. US manufacturers are scrambling to source enough lithium ion batteries to meet demand for all the hybrids and plug ins or are stuck using heavy and arcane NiCads, Mitsu has a good source locked up through there other divisions... I think the plug-in/hybrid direction the transportation sector is going in will strenghten them. The MIEV gets it done for .10$ a mile, nothing short of something you pedal will deliver that and yes, amazingly some people do give a ****.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 95630706
No, that wasn't the point. We were discussing Mitsubishi's unfortunate practice of shooting itself in the foot. That is exactly on topic.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 95630706

It also makes no sense that because a US production person is leaving Mitsu will pull out of NA sales. Production maybe, but still quite a leap.

No evos have ever been made here. US manufacturers are scrambling to source enough lithium ion batteries to meet demand for all the hybrids and plug ins or are stuck using heavy and arcane NiCads, Mitsu has a good source locked up through there other divisions... I think the plug-in/hybrid direction the transportation sector is going in will strenghten them. The MIEV gets it done for .10$ a mile, nothing short of something you pedal will deliver that and yes, amazingly some people do give a ****.
Mini Cooper S combined average 29MPG
Average cost of gas in US 2.72
$.09 a mile
and that's the S not even the bleh Cooper.

It's also not limited to having to be able to drive to where you want to go and then home so you can plug it in. I'm sure at some point the plug in electrics will be viable but, until you have the infrastructure to be able to rapidly charge them at your destination it's a hard sell.

Another example of Mitsu potentially shooting itself in the foot. Completely skip the hybrid and go right to something that isn't realistic for a large percent of the population yet.

http://fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/29693.shtml
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petro...home_page.html

Last edited by hotrod2448; Sep 16, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
It's competition isn't the Evo, it's the WRX that it needs to be better than. And you can see in this comparo that something as simple as Mitsu's choice in tires put the car at a handicap. That's all he and I were saying is somehow Mitsu always shoots themselves in the foot by screwing up some detail that is the difference between winning and being an also ran.

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/imp...preza-wrx.html
yes exactly! and its NOT about what you can change AFTER you buy the car. its about what they offer you stock. why? because the magazines and tv shows dont change tires to review them. that handicaps it and makes it seem worse than it really is. that means people listen to the "experts" and dont buy it.

us? we are on this forum and thus by virtue are more informed about the car. joe schmoe? he listens to motor trend or whatever and when they put WRX #1 Ralliart #3 or #4, guess what? joe schmoe is gonna buy the wrx...

THAT is what im getting at. mitsu must start pandering to the magazines because at the end of the day, THEY have a LOT more influence on the buying public than we would like to believe. people AREN'T smart. they DON'T make informed decisions. they go with what people tell them is good, whatever is popular, not what actually is good...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

They better not pull out of NA or imma smack someone.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

man this really does put into perspective how bad the brand has gotten. has anything come out of that supposed mitsubishi-citroen/peugeot alliance a few months ago? i remembered that people had hopes for it since nissan used to suck but was allied with renault later, which turned nissan into a huge success
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
How do you figure? There's been a new Evo every 1-2 years since it's introduction ('92, '94, '95, '96, '98, '99, '01, '03, '05, '07 (as a 2008)). The 3 years we've been on the X is already the longest the Evo has ever gone without a refresh.
i think their refresher is the 2011 Evo X SE just to keep some of us happy having a mix of both MR and GSR.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Why buy an Evo X over the Ralliart??? Well... Maybe because it's an affordable 4dr version of Nissans GT-R... I guess... Truth be told my mind was set on Honda's 4dr Civic Si, but due to the EVOs awd, performance, and ability to extract massive power (compared to the Si) just on bolt-ons sent me over into the EVO realm. Now if honda makes an awd civic Si on boost, I will say that my EVO days might be over depending on how well it Si does on the awd on boost platform.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Honda seriously has given up on making anything exciting haven't they? They've got this CR-Z thing coming out but, 0-60 of @9 seconds, Really?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evilution23
i think their refresher is the 2011 Evo X SE just to keep some of us happy having a mix of both MR and GSR.
There is NO 2011 Evo X SE only 2010.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Honda seriously has given up on making anything exciting haven't they? They've got this CR-Z thing coming out but, 0-60 of @9 seconds, Really?

The CR-Z is a sport minded hybrid with a 1.5L i-VTEC motor that'll give 36/38mpg fuel efficiency. Within months or a month, they'll have motor mounts to swap the K series platform in an already lightweight chasis. That CR-Z will be running low 10s on a built K or maybe so low to mid 11s on bolt-ons and tuned K. Sooo... Yeah... Sorry to be rude but your "60 of @ 9 seconds" fail...

Quick Reply: Evo X = Last Evo in North America?