Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Will outlander sport get RA trim?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 05:24 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I think Evo guys would lean on their wives to buy if they did a limited run of Ralliart Outlanders. With the SST and the RA motor, what a fun little SUV it could be!

My wife currently has a CRV. I like the small size since we only have two kids, but I despise the fact it only has 156HP and it can't get out of its own way. Traveling around holidays in it is dismal. With a 4B11T in a RA, I could flash it, and it'd be a fun little SUV for any Evo guy for certain!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check this out http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/f...evolander.html

my wife wants it haha
Old Feb 6, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madfast
like i said before, kia is coming out with a 270+ hp sportage sx. if mitsu wants to compete they're gonna have to step up. im not even asking for anything new. just use the stuff you already have. using the RA engine and the Outlander GT AWD system makes perfect sense. offer a choice of 5sp manual or SST and it'd be perfect.
or you could just buy the kia sportage, it'll sport a reworked 4B11 like the gen coupe and sonata
Old Feb 7, 2011, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by madfast
if you didnt exist, would your wife walk into a mitsu dealership and look at the outlander sport on her own accord? or would she walk into a toyota dealership like the rest of the masses?
No she wouldn't. And it doesn't matter that I have an Evo. If I was still driving my Galant or just my Eclipse she would consider an Outlander Sport because I would tell her that Mitsubishi makes a good car. Simply knowing someone or being married to a person that likes Mitsubishis is MORE important.

I sold cars to other family members and their friends through word of mouth, because I am a good salesperson first, and because Mitsubishi makes a great vehicle - long before the Evo reached these shores. Mitsubishi's best year in this country was 2002 before the Evo got here.

in fact there was a study sometime ago that showed the man has the most influence when buying a car.
Every study I have seen in the 11 years I've been in this business has told me that the woman has the most influence. Unless we are talking about single guys, in which case, they are a minority of car buyers - and they aren't looking at small crossovers.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 7, 2011 at 08:57 AM.