Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Keep The Evo Alive, Facebook campaign

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keep The Evo Alive, Facebook campaign

I just heard on Jalopnik about a "Mitsubishi, Keep The Evo Alive" campaign on Facebook. There are only 84 people on so far, myself included. I thought some of you might be interested in this, given the news from the other day of Mitsubishi not having a plan to produce the Evolution past the 2012-2013 model year. Click here, if you're interested.

UPDATE: 7TUNE is now reporting that Mitsubishi has green-lighted an Evo XI, which will be diesel hybrid powered.

Not to insult any of you, but if you argue that the Evo died with with the IX and it's final use of the 4G63, perhaps a car with "Evolution" as it's name is not for you. Although myself and many others aren't enthusiastic about hybrid power being applied to sports cars, you can't fight the future. You can either let your favorite car move with technology, or see it left behind by it. And I definitely don't think that diesel being involved is a bad thing. When you start to feel down about the hybrid aspect, just imagine the torque that diesel will put out. The king is dead, long live the king.

Last edited by Lumpy; Oct 24, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I joined, figure at least see how many in the world want to see another version of the Evo.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joined and invited. only at 128 now.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

You guys realize a Facebook campaign is not going to influence Mitsubishi's product development, right? The only thing that Mitsubishi cares about is sales. They will be developing their next products to meet market and CAFE/emissions demands, and I think we all know that means the next few vehicles Mitsubishi develops won't have any where near the performance credentials as the Evo series.

All this might do, is convince them to slap the "EVO" name on a vehicle which doesn't really deserve it (like they used to do with the non-turbo Lancer Ralliart). Would you rather the Evo go out on a high note with one of the best vehicles in the series, or that the "EVO" brand gets diluted until it doesn't mean anything to enthusiasts anymore, but at least it's not dead?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:44 PM

If sales was the only drive that motivated mitsu I doubt we would be concerned about the EVO's future. Otherwise you make a very good point. Becoming another toaster would be a fate worse than death. IMO

Originally Posted by highlyevolved
You guys realize a Facebook campaign is not going to influence Mitsubishi's product development, right? The only thing that Mitsubishi cares about is sales.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

hmm a petition saved saab, thats a whole company... so i say its better to fight for something then to sit back and accept the fact that mitsubishi is going to kill a car that could, if marketed right, bring them back from the grave..

who cares if they have economical cars if noone wants to buy them.. the quality of their cars and the dealer network is the real problem, not the fuel economy.. their "product" sucks.. and all their cars look like lancers..

Badge engineering didn't work for the american car companies and its not going to work for mitsubishi either.. They need to take the real "risk" and improve their products, offer good warranties, get rid of or revamp their dealer network and if they need to downsize to do it, then so be it.. its better to be around then out of business and remembered for building unreliable "thorw away" cars.. who wants to HAVE to buy a new car every 4-5 years.. noone.. Toyota's last for YEARS even their perfomance models... Come on Mitsubishi your not new to the game you've been doing this since before ww2 get it together.. Either get it right or RIP
Old Mar 4, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Petitions brought the WRX over in 2000-1.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

yes so sign up on this campaign and let your voices be heard!!! stand for something
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

its growing pretty quick almost 1000 on there now
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Evolving Member

joined in. lets hope they will change their mind.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I signed it... doesn't hurt to sign the petition. As people pointed out... Ford wanted to kill the Mustang and replace it with the FWD Probe. But after people raised hell... Ford kept the Mustang.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's something interesting- I was searching on Facebook for their "Official Fan Page" and they have one for Mitsubishi Products and Service and another for the Evo:

The Mitsubishi Products and Service Page has 128,680 likes
The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Page has 313,447 likes

Make of it what you will but I think that definitely says something about how important the Evo is to Mitsu's image!

Last edited by Ian0611; Mar 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

joined, they gots now 1,158
Old Mar 5, 2011, 02:52 AM
Balls of Steel

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
The petition may or may not make any kind of difference, but it can't hurt.

Joined.

Quick Reply: Keep The Evo Alive, Facebook campaign