Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Hks V-pro

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your first post was very vague....
Old Jun 27, 2005, 01:09 PM

so lemme get this straight...

the hks v-pro is tuned by a certified hks person an once its tune, u dont have to do it again?

it said you put in a desired air/fuel ratio an it auto adjusts itself? if thats so, i think this is the system i wanna go with because i do alot of driving all over the place. even go to vegas a few times. so i want to be able to have it adjust itself accordingly to altitude and temperature so that i dont have to worri about it.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

you got it.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:00 AM

haf u guys heard of f-con sz? whats the different huh?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

why not just go with a MoTec system if you can't tune it yourself?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
why not just go with a MoTec system if you can't tune it yourself?
#1 The ease of install, no cutting of the factory harness at all.

#2 Cost, i do the V-pro on evos for 2500 installed and dyno tuned/road tested which makes it affordable

#3 The main reason HKS won't let just anyone tune a v-pro(besides quality control) is they don't want to open a enteire dept. of tech support for tuners(like AEM),so they have selected shops across the country that are able to tune them.

the AEM/Motec would be more for the do it your self type
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prostockCRX
#1 The ease of install, no cutting of the factory harness at all.

#2 Cost, i do the V-pro on evos for 2500 installed and dyno tuned/road tested which makes it affordable

#3 The main reason HKS won't let just anyone tune a v-pro(besides quality control) is they don't want to open a enteire dept. of tech support for tuners(like AEM),so they have selected shops across the country that are able to tune them.

the AEM/Motec would be more for the do it your self type
Dam 2500! Unforuately, where I live there is a certified HKS pro dealer in my area but he wanted 5000 for the unit and all the components fully tuned out the door! I originally wanted to go with the v-pro but when he told me the cost I said forget it! In addition, there is no other shop in my area that can tune! I ended up going with an Xede and tuning with a friend.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvOcHaRgeR
Dam 2500! Unforuately, where I live there is a certified HKS pro dealer in my area but he wanted 5000 for the unit and all the components fully tuned out the door! I originally wanted to go with the v-pro but when he told me the cost I said forget it! In addition, there is no other shop in my area that can tune! I ended up going with an Xede and tuning with a friend.
The parts are about 1800, we charge 200 to install, and 500 as a flat rate for tunning(tunning will take te better half of a day). Maybe dynotime is more expensive in ak?
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HKS F Con V Pro got NOS control?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeEvo9
haf u guys heard of f-con sz? whats the different huh?
FCon SZ is a piggyback but it has pretty advanced features.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

The parts are about 1800, we charge 200 to install, and 500 as a flat rate for tunning(tunning will take te better half of a day). Maybe dynotime is more expensive in ak?
Will you be able to tune the unit based on the mods we have and mail it to us? Something in the vein of a custom flash.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

He charges 125 an hour and I think 150 with air fuel reading and tuning adjustments. However, the guy charges 500 for a tuning session no matter how long it takes to tune the car and that was already included as the dynotime fee. I still don't understand where he came up with the extra 2000+!! Wish I lived in your area.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Ken did the install and tune on my V-Pro and I couldn't be happier. I hear the Captain calling~!
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

My shop down in houston charges 3500 out the door tuned. 32x32 maps take forever. Since they have a dynapack, it should help out a bunch. I highly doubt you can get it tuned in half a day including cool down time. Unless you're just doing wot pulls. I'm gonna do it cell by cell for perfection at any throttle position.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going V-PRO in a few weeks...I can't wait! I wonder how many EVO's in the states are running it? I know all the big drifters and drag cars in japan are running them for years! The VPRO just came to the states 2 yrs ago.

I'm sold on the VPRO and my local installer got me a great deal! There is LOTS of hours of tunning time with the VPRO, hence the cost of tunning is high, but extremely detailed...I like that.