Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ECU+ and Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 05:08 PM
GDB
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tlcoll1
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to see how long it takes some of the harness manufacturers to come up with something for the IX - 'till then, I guess no ECU+ for the IX.

Tom
If someone can post Evo9 ECU pinout, I will compare it with mine (JDM Evo8). If indeed they are the same:
- there IS a JDM Evo7 (aka USDM Evo8) ECU harness that connects to JDM Evo8 (aka USDM Evo9 <--- although I'm still guessing at this point)

So buying one additional harness will get the ECU+ working with Evo9.

All this is still speculation though, need to compare the pinouts first.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
I thought it's 50% of the bluebook to get it totaled.
And it's a good thing no person got hurt.
I would liek to know how the IX support turn out too Tom.
Nope, 80% of the Fair Market Value, which takes into account Kelly's Blue Book and the NADA. Trust me, I am a claims investigator in the insurance and law industry and deal with that alot.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Well i know this is off topic -- but one of my main concerns is all the aftermarket parts i have on my car. If they do consider this a total loss how do i get my aftermarket parts back?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

If they total it you have an option to buy the wreck back...therefore the mods...normally they charge a percentage of the claim. After they come to a decision and payoff amount ask them what they will give you the car for.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

You are on the right track. What your carrier will do is obtain at least 3 salvage bids. They will offer you the opportunity to buy the salvage of the vehicle back at the highest salvage bid, regardless of the modifications. As far as obtain compensation for the mods, all you need to do is document in either reciepts or credit card and/or bank statements to show that you indeed purchased the part and what the part cost at the time of the purchase.

Keep in mind though that a depreciation will be applied to each modification depending on when the part was purchased and installed.

Trust me, I am in the insurance field and deal with these types of situations on a daily basis
Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GDB
If someone can post Evo9 ECU pinout, I will compare it with mine (JDM Evo8). If indeed they are the same:
- there IS a JDM Evo7 (aka USDM Evo8) ECU harness that connects to JDM Evo8 (aka USDM Evo9 <--- although I'm still guessing at this point)
All Evo IV through VII used the same harness, same as we have here in the US for the Evo VIII. In Japan, they switched to a new connector at the Evo VII GT-A (automatic tranny), and have used that since. That's what we now have on the USDM Evo IX.

So buying one additional harness will get the ECU+ working with Evo9.
That's true. We need the Evo IX harness. They're coming...

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com

Last edited by Mach V Dan; Dec 4, 2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 05:08 AM
GDB
Evolving Member

BUMP

Any progress update on the Evo IX harness yet?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GDB
BUMP

Any progress update on the Evo IX harness yet?
Un-bump!

Mach V Dan tells me that a harness should be in tomorrow. Of course that doesn't get me working on it yet, but it does clear another obstacle.

Tom
Old Jan 4, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Great! Where is it on the site? I can't seem to locate it.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silex
Great! Where is it on the site? I can't seem to locate it.
I don't think Dan bought a bunch for sale, he just got one or two for ECU+ development.

Tom
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry about the OT post, but just wanted to let Kronik know about my experience. Your best bet is to buy the wreck back and sell it to someone as is. I did just that with Evo #1 and actually made a little bit of money. It's a total PITA, but worth it if you've got a lot of parts in the car. They wouldn't total my Evo until it was about $20k in repairs, so with an estimated value of $25.5k, that comes out to about 78%.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tlcoll1
I don't think Dan bought a bunch for sale, he just got one or two for ECU+ development.
The reason I did not import 20 Field harnesses is that they're very expensive! They'd probably have to retail for $250 each. At that price I didn't think I'd sell many. I'd rather wait for a cheaper alternative.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

As do I Dan, as do I.... I'm really desperate though...can somebody please tell me where I can get the ecu pinout for the ix? I'm installing a buttload of electronics soon and I need to now where to connect the sensors.

edit: Found it posted here pretty recently by an evo member here. Hope this helps some of you asking for it! As always, make sure the connection is correct before splicing!!

Last edited by silex; Jan 5, 2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 02:18 PM

Any update on ECU+ for the Evo IX?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Nothing new on the IX. It's kinda fallen through the cracks, though it just requires a day of lovin' at Mach V. If the ECU+ for the EVO IX was available, anyone willing to pay an *extra* $200 or so for it (since the harness is so expensive)?

Tom

Quick Reply: ECU+ and Evo IX