Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ECU+ and Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tlcoll1
Nothing new on the IX. It's kinda fallen through the cracks, though it just requires a day of lovin' at Mach V. If the ECU+ for the EVO IX was available, anyone willing to pay an *extra* $200 or so for it (since the harness is so expensive)?

Tom
Yes. I would pay 200$ extra.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Wow...wait a couple months and you wouldn't have to worry about the $200 extra, but who knows. How much do the 8 harnesses usually cost?
Old Jan 31, 2006, 03:22 PM

Nothing new on the IX. It's kinda fallen through the cracks, though it just requires a day of lovin' at Mach V. If the ECU+ for the EVO IX was available, anyone willing to pay an *extra* $200 or so for it (since the harness is so expensive)?

Tom

I might be.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tsurara
Yes. I would pay 200$ extra.
That sound you hear is Mach V Dan's ears perking up!

Tom
Old Jan 31, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

That sound you hear is Mach V Dan's ears perking up!

Tom
If someone can release SOMETHING for the 9 which isn't a flash and is userprogrammable, I will pay extra cash, beta test all your software, sing praise to your name and write up a full guide with color pictures. I am not even kidding.

I am that desperate. I really don't want to get a 9 because there is NOTHING for engine management.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

FYI, today Mach V Dan, cool Mach V customer Aziz and myself spent some quality time on getting the ECU+ working with Aziz's EVO IX. We made some good progress in tracking down what's what on the IX's harness, and have it almost all figured out. Looks like there's gonna mostly just wiring changes (and a smidge of software) to have the ECU+ working on the IX. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and didn't get the whole thing done, but I suspect we only have one more session's worth of work to get it up and running. Hopefully we'll get some time to beat on it in the next few weeks.

Also, initial releases won't do anything with the MIVEC. No guarantees as to when that'll be working, as the MIVEC looks to be a pretty big can of worms (and I've got lots of worm cans open already!).

Tom
Old Mar 18, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

FYI, today Mach V Dan, cool Mach V customer Aziz and myself spent some quality time on getting the ECU+ working with Aziz's EVO IX. We made some good progress in tracking down what's what on the IX's harness, and have it almost all figured out. Looks like there's gonna mostly just wiring changes (and a smidge of software) to have the ECU+ working on the IX. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and didn't get the whole thing done, but I suspect we only have one more session's worth of work to get it up and running. Hopefully we'll get some time to beat on it in the next few weeks.

Also, initial releases won't do anything with the MIVEC. No guarantees as to when that'll be working, as the MIVEC looks to be a pretty big can of worms (and I've got lots of worm cans open already!).

Tom
Wooooooo progress

Keep us updated!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Any Updates?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Almost done. I need one more day of playing with it before I'm ready to start selling the unit. Unfortunately, I can't say right now when that one-more-day is going to be. It'd help a lot if someone with an IX lived closer to me and was willing to be a minor guinea pig.

Tom
Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

It'd help a lot if someone with an IX lived closer to me and was willing to be a minor guinea pig.
Hint: If you have an Evo IX and live around the northeast side of the Washington DC metro area, you could help out, and get discounted product in the process...

--Dan
Mach V
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Damnit...want to do your testing in California? hahaha.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm working on it Damnit!

Feel free to paypal donate to my downpayment fund
Old Apr 9, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure if MachV or anybody needs this, but found this IX wiring diagram here on the forums:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...1&postcount=14

I hope some aftermarket management system comes out soon that can control MIVEC! That's what I'm waiting for. I hope ECU+ will fit the bill here at some point.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by silex
I'm not sure if MachV or anybody needs this, but found this IX wiring diagram here on the forums:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...1&postcount=14

I hope some aftermarket management system comes out soon that can control MIVEC! That's what I'm waiting for. I hope ECU+ will fit the bill here at some point.
If you have that .pdf file, can you send it to me. PM me for email.

Or
post the file here so I can see it.

THat link doesn't work for me.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

works fine for me. click the pdf file in the link.

Quick Reply: ECU+ and Evo IX