Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Mounting solutions for netbook for tuning/logging purposes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mounting solutions for netbook for tuning/logging purposes

So I just bought an Asus 1000HE netbook and have EcuFlash, EvoScan, Zeitronix Data Logger etc. loaded and working. So now I'm looking for a sturdy, secure way to mount it so that I can log safely while driving alone, and also for logging during fast road course track days.

So far I don't seem to have been able to find something that is secure and would work well. I've discovered that Ram Mount have just come out with their 'Tough Tray II' model specifically designed for netbooks, smaller notebooks, which looks like it would work well for holding the actual netbook itself. Just the tray itself is relatively cheap at $31.95 (http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram-moun...e/ram234-6.htm).

However, when I look at their various mounting options (http://www.gpscity.com/search/q=tough+tray+ii), none of them seem sturdy enough for the G's encountered during fast road course track days, and some of the mounts seem on the expensive side. Looking for something relatively cheap, but more importantly sturdy and secure. Anyone have any bright ideas for mounting solutions?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Use the tray and fabricate a mount, paint it to match the tray so it doesn't look ghetto
Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaliMR
... fabricate a mount ...
Unfortunately I don't have either fab tools or fab skillz ...