Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

UTECH launch control

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2009, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UTECH launch control

Ok so i have a utech on my car now and when i had it tuned they set up a launch control but it doesn't actually work. When you go in and actually look at in with a computer you can see it but for some reason it doesn't work. Any ideas?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:20 PM

I dont have an answer but how much more power did u get out of ur UTEC i have one not installed dont know whether to sell it or install it?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

How are the parameters set up? did they enable fuel cut or ignition cut? what is the rev limit that the utec is set to launch at? If you have the utec manual, go back through the set up screen and reference the Section that talks about launch control. Also, have you disabled your clutch switch/Neutral safety switch (for example, do you have an after-market alarm with remote start?) if so the Launch control won't work. If you can provide a screen shot of your set up or a list of the parameters I may be able to walk you through it. Best of Luck ;-)
Old Apr 17, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I made 300 whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Originally Posted by rickyart23
I dont have an answer but how much more power did u get out of ur UTEC i have one not installed dont know whether to sell it or install it?
Hi Ricky,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I made 300 whp and 287 ft/lb torque @ 20psi (6000 rpm) with my Utec with the basic bolt ons listed below and very conservative timing and an 11.5 afr on pump 93 octane fuel:
Cold air intake (Injen)
Yonaka Motorsports Monster 13 intercooler
Fighters Gargage charge pipe
stock turbo w/ 10.5 hotside
Borla Tubular exhaust manifold
GSC 264 intake cam
Turbo XS downpipe w/ Cat delete pipe
Skunk2 Catback exhaust
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Aeromotive RR FPR
650 injectors
billet custom fuel rail
Aftermarket O2 housing
...and of course the Utec
If you want to unload your Utec send me a PM with your asking price, I wouldn't mind having another as a spare
Old Apr 17, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

...btw, I also have speed density on my Utec, used to run a Forge VTA BOV with no problems, and I have a 75 shot of Nitrous on the car now, all controlled by the UTEC. In the right hands, the UTEC is a great little engine management solution. After 5 years I still can't justify stepping up to something else. Apart from my Innovate LC1 its probably one of the best things I've bought for the car ;-)
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by rickyart23
i made 330 hp and 335 tq
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by DEV0LUTI0N
How are the parameters set up? did they enable fuel cut or ignition cut? what is the rev limit that the utec is set to launch at? If you have the utec manual, go back through the set up screen and reference the Section that talks about launch control. Also, have you disabled your clutch switch/Neutral safety switch (for example, do you have an after-market alarm with remote start?) if so the Launch control won't work. If you can provide a screen shot of your set up or a list of the parameters I may be able to walk you through it. Best of Luck ;-)
As far as i know fuel cut kicks in at 155mph and the rev limit is set to 5500 for launch. Also the NSS has not been disabled
Old Apr 19, 2009, 02:44 PM

i know with my utec for some reason it would cause my car to rev limit every shift once i depresssed the clutch even if i wasn't launching in first...i still don't understand how the utec was doing that but mine i bought mine used without the manual so it might have been something i did.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

the Utec enables launch control using the stock clutch NSS. It will engage/disengage every time you depress the clutch ;-)