Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Throttle Hang on AEM and OEM/COBB

Old Jan 26, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Throttle Hang on AEM and OEM/COBB

So, Ive had a throttle hang issue for awhile on my old set up and now on my new set up too. Im on a AEMv1 and thought I had it corrected previous to the new build. Now that the car is running the throttle hang came back. I have no vacuum leak issues, did a leak-down test and a vacuum leak test plus all new sensors IAC were installed (except TPS). Also car idles very steady. It happens at any temperature and at any given time.

It normally happens while easy driving, when I slow down to a stop light, I push the clutch, let the car out of gear and there it is (most of the time). The engine stays at around 2k 2.5k rpm for about 2 to 5 seconds. Sometimes I load the engine (gear, let clutch out a little) and it would come down.

Now here is the weird part, I thought this was a AEM, self-tune issue (which might still be) but a friend just installed a GT35 kit on his '10 evoX and got a Accessport tune by COBB and his only complaint....he also got throttle hang!!!!

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!!!!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AEM is tricky to setup to idle and run "stock" like, there are many parameters and tables that need to be adjusted to get all that right. basically you need to look at your injector cut table, aem will shutoff the injectors until a certain rpm so your car can regain idle. anything above that rpm and decel the injectors should be shut off.. getting this process right is all idle duty and fueling being correct.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
thanks, Ill look into it...
Old Mar 21, 2014, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
If you are still experiencing this issue, can you look into this table and let us know how its been calibrated.... Display/Display Explorer/Idle/Advanced idle/Fuel vs Idle RPM