Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Omni 4 Bar Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Omni 4 Bar Issues

03 Evo 8 on SD. Car has been together for only a couple of months. First Omni 3 Bar I installed, the car wouldnt start. Bought a 4 bar and had retuned for a 4 bar, that sensor lasted 100 miles. Installed another Omni 4 bar, that lasted another 100 miles. Installed yet another 4 bar and the car has been started twice on that map sensor, now it will not fire. I highly doubt the Omni sensors can be going bad that quick without some other issue going on. Anyone have a similar experience, what fixed the issue?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
That's really odd.

Make sure it's only getting 5 volts on the power wire. If it's getting too much power they will fry. If that's good, make sure the sensor ground is good.

Also, where are you ordering the sensors from? I've had some customers bring ones from Ebay that didn't last long vs ordering on Amazon (which Omni supplies directly) or from somewhere else we know gets them from Omni.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Wow that is strange, certainly sounds like something else is frying them. Omni a few years ago had a bad batch and they were having some issues but that has since been rectified. Omni was very good about taking care of their customers and providing replacements at no cost. Given that youve gone through a few in short order I doubt that is your issue.