Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

SAFC II vs. HKS AFR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SAFC II vs. HKS AFR

I've been reading some old posts and there was talk of the HKS AFR and the EIDS component of it to compensate for a VTA bov. After looking at the AFR specs, it says that it can adjust fuel as well. Is there any reason the SAFC II is better than the AFR? I figure it may have more functions or something? The way I see it though, if they can both adjust fuel at RPM points I can set, and the AFR has some success (according to people on the board) in stopping the stalling issues, then I should hook that up instead of the SAFC II.

thoughts?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to use the function built into the S-afc II to help with VTA blow off valves, but it was never perfect. Still would dip down or die out if I hit the brakes to quickly in first gear. Honestly man, just recirculate. You'll notice the car feels so much better between shifts as well. If you must vent, I've heard good things about the EIDS. Still won't be as good as recirculating. I also heard the HKS AFR is discontinued.....Not sure how many people actually use it. The S-afc II is the more popular choice that people are happy with. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
eids is suppose to fix the intake pipe stalling issue too though. so which is better at it... afr or afc?