Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Just installed non-ic rrm turbo!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
......Im sorry to report this. I got into a wreck today, going to help my girl prep for this hurricane. I was driving and went to turn and car didnt turn, just went strait. Well i collided with a mall sign, jumping a curve and destroying my bumper. I also am pretty sure i bent my left wheel (not the wheel but the axle part). So now im pretty sure this is going to lead to a part out and the eventually selling of my lancer. I really appreciate all your help and I'm sorry it was for nothing. Well it wasnt just for nothing, i learned alot. Anyway thanks, im still kinda in the after math seeing red stage of this wreck. So look for a non-ic kit up for sale soon......
Attached Thumbnails Just installed non-ic rrm turbo!-right.jpg   Just installed non-ic rrm turbo!-bumper.jpg   Just installed non-ic rrm turbo!-left.jpg  
Old Jul 10, 2005, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Oh man, that sux dude.. terrible. Could that have anything to do with the problems of boost you had?? Drive belts, etc..? Did the steering just totally lock up, or was it because of the rain and you got understeer? =(

btw, i've hit a curb/bump like that going into a driveway and the same thing happened to my car (my old talon). I needed at new wheel, and the frame to be straightened. It wasn't too costly, but it did suck a lot. It never drove the same after that.

Last edited by wiretap; Jul 10, 2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

lol it drives ok, i just dont know. Im really pissed right now. I think after i cool down i might think about keeping it, but the tire is fine, damn frame just looks f up
Old Apr 6, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Back from the dead.

I bought Kelspar's old kit and from what i was able to decern he did not have a wastegate valve seat. His wastegate was leaking all the time.

just felt like putting some closure on this sad read.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the closure... One other thing I noted was that in one of the posts he had said that there was gas leaking out of the "stock fpr"... thus having a possibility that he left the stock fpr in along with the 12:1 FPR. Maybe I read it wrong... i dunno. Anyways, good luck with the kit iyi0521, hopefully it won't be cursed for you.

Originally Posted by Kelspar
Ok well i fixed all my starting problems today; seems my return line was kinda clogged. or feed line; but i cleared both of them and after about 10 hours of fiddling i got it to crank again. Still cant boost that high though. I know for a fact im leaking @ the stock fpr. Im going to buy the new hose tomorrow w/ clamps. Where is good place to get good price on Wideband? B/c if that will let you know what you need to know to help me keep up boost i will buy it. Just let me know. Thanks again for your help guys!
Old Apr 7, 2007, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah its up and running like a champ. I just had to get the wastegate valve seat.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sweet. Enjoy.

ROAD/RACE