Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2003, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we going to know what level of boost and what support mods are being coupled with this?
Old Jul 4, 2003, 01:27 PM

it should be running at 7 psi the kit consists of header (i have the which u must have i have the rpw, RIPP Black Box, RIPP "no weld" oil return fitting, RIPP 5th injection RC engineering 555cc Atomizer, Vortech V5-G-Trim, 255 Walboro fuel pump, All fuel fittings, Malpassi Fuel pressure regulator with oil filled gauge, All hardware for install, 4ply silicone Blue hoses, All clamps, Oil return/feed lines, SDS belt, Idle pulley and brackets, Air filter, Fully illustrated instruction, 1 year warranty
Old Jul 10, 2003, 02:14 PM

this is the only pic i have of it so far.... it doesnt really show anything except for how bit the sc is..... the car should be coming back really really soon and when it does im going to take a rediculous amout of pics so that i can post them up and show all of u....
Attached Thumbnails supercharger-mvc-009f.jpg  
Old Jul 10, 2003, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

wait, centrifugal supercharger?!?!?! i thought we were all doing roots type blowers now...

i will have to wait and see some dyno graphs before i pass judgement i guess
Old Jul 10, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

That would be a frickin big turbocharger !
Old Jul 10, 2003, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by defeated26
wait, centrifugal supercharger?!?!?! i thought we were all doing roots type blowers now...

i will have to wait and see some dyno graphs before i pass judgement i guess
Centrifugal units for the most part are more efficient than the roots/Eaton style units. Plus, a new intake manifold doesn't have to be fabricated to use it.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by pjal84

Centrifugal units for the most part are more efficient than the roots/Eaton style units.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

the proof is in the pudding, look at what is being sold right now. most of the stock and aftermarket superchargers i have seen have been roots type (not all, just an overwhelming majority). i have never read anything showing they were any less or more "efficient" (assuming you mean more power made with less power used?).
Old Jul 10, 2003, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Lemme try and find the article (did a relatively good comparison of Vortech v. Jackson). As far as Eaton being more popular...I dunno about that. If they are more popular, I'd only say it's because V style engines like them more since creating a new manifold to fit between the cylinder banks is a better way to go about things.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=5 <---Good read for those who may not be up on the tech.

Last edited by pjal84; Jul 10, 2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by defeated26

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

the proof is in the pudding, look at what is being sold right now. most of the stock and aftermarket superchargers i have seen have been roots type (not all, just an overwhelming majority). i have never read anything showing they were any less or more "efficient" (assuming you mean more power made with less power used?).
This is not entirely true. Granted there are alot of roots style blowers out there but also there are alot of centrifugal s/c's out there also,...Vortech for example. The Vortechs are very popalar with mustangs. Here in Seattle we have the annual largest mustang gathering in the world. There is every make and model of mustang there. When you go around looking at the cars you will see most use the Vortech centrifugal s/c's more than the roots. This is only an example of how many people actually use them.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted that 11 days ago... What's going on?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:26 PM

there has been a fitment issue with one of the parts in the kit so it has gone back the machine shop to be redone 3 diff times and now it is hopefully correct and from what i understand from RIPP they should have the pieces back to them in the begining of the week then all they need to do is bolt everything back together and tune it.... so it shouldnt be lont now....(if i had a dollar for every time i said that)

O yeah and if anyone in the New York area wants to go cruisin soon please let me know cause i really am dieing to put some miles on my car when it comes back and ill prob be up for any pointless drive so pm me...