Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Looking to Turbo your lancer? Read this first

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
What sort of parts would you like to see? If they are doable and make business sense then I am sure we can get r done!

ROAD/RACE
+

well I really wanted a 500 hp lancer, I know how to tune them,

I have a block already built with k1 rods that can produce up to 400+ hp

so probably the following if we can get at least one 500 hp lancer out there that can run with no problems I see the 02-06 lancers taking off into part productions just like how the hondas are.

Coil packs - mine burnt out really quick
4G94 head parts - to support high horsepower
something to release crank case pressure - zulu had an accident
transmission building - demon keeps blowing his up
Axles - havent seen a lancer snap one but one must always be careful
Headers - apparently theres no more for our cars "i would like to see a gt35r turbo header one of my favorite turbos"

I know its a possibility to make these parts its just time and labor which I understand, but theres alot of guys out here who want to turn there lancer into a monster car and prove you don't need to buy an evo for power.

If I had a basic coil pack design able to withstand a lot of horsepower, and a head that can handle the horsepower I feel like my lancer can accomplish and achieve my goal

Last edited by steven121; Jun 12, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM what head is the best for boost
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:00 PM

can anyone help me out? i got a g16 turbo and i need to know what i need to throw into my lancer before the actual installation of the turbo itself, people have told me the pistons would be good to replace but i want to make sure im not going to miss anything that will mess my car up.

its a really big turbo, and has a BOV, but my car is an automatic.

all i have is the turbo itself, and the intercooler, i have no piping or anything.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a lot more to do but you can run a good level of boost with that turbo even without pistons etc.... But you have to have it tuned properly and safe. Then you can run that kind of power. IF you are not sure what to do , you likely are a candidate for a kit though. Be careful. Just say "NO TO BLOWUPS."

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

There is a lot more to do but you can run a good level of boost with that turbo even without pistons etc.... But you have to have it tuned properly and safe. Then you can run that kind of power. IF you are not sure what to do , you likely are a candidate for a kit though. Be careful. Just say "NO TO BLOWUPS."

ROAD/RACE
+1 I ran 17 pounds on stock internals but my tune was darn good
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 16g turbo and I am running 14 psi on a stock bottom end. It all in the tune though. ARP headstuds are HIGHLY recommended IMO.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got some great news Friday. One of our Kit guys went for broke with his 08 Lancer. He is claiming dynos of 319 at the wheels with just our kit! Oh yea, stock internals. I am waiting for him to send me the dynos or he might post it up here on EVOM himself. Lets see. All I can say is that is more than 100% more power than stock from the 2.0l. WOW

ROAD/RACE
Old Oct 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I just got some great news Friday. One of our Kit guys went for broke with his 08 Lancer. He is claiming dynos of 319 at the wheels with just our kit! Oh yea, stock internals. I am waiting for him to send me the dynos or he might post it up here on EVOM himself. Lets see. All I can say is that is more than 100% more power than stock from the 2.0l. WOW

ROAD/RACE
thats it 319hp... jk thats pretty sweet how many pounds of boost
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

PS If youre gonna spend the money on a turbo kit...you must spend the money on a stand alone period! Especially for those that are doing custom setups...RRM developed a kit and it is complete from head to toe...I learned the hard way trying to go my own route and build a bigger, better, faster lancer....luckily for me...i didnt have as much bad luck...Its nice to see many enthusiasts and project cars...but a good word of advice...if your gonna spend thousands on a kit....invest on a stand alone...or just get the RRM kit... then again a project is a project and people want a one of a kind...but PLEASE do it right especially with all the money youre investing...

You will only run into problems problems and your project will end up costing more than what you wanted to spend...

Man do I miss my lancer...i would do it all over again...only difference is I would do now is make a corn map and race gas map...

Lancers are a great platform to build on...have fun with it! Waiting for a 500whp lancer heheheh JK Love reading all the projects on here...brings back great memories....unfortunately as you all know I went to the other side and even talked my GF out of a Ralliart Sportback and made her get an 11 Legacy...oh how I regret that one....

I am about to build on my Legacy GT can someone say Cosworth shortblock? or longblock? stay tuned!!! it will be some time before a wrench touches this Subie...

With that said....Miss all my evom family!!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 02:14 PM

thanks to this now i can set my mind on what to do to my car and what to expect, thank you
Old Feb 25, 2017, 06:02 AM

Turbo charging 4694 soch or swaping a 4g93t engine

Hey guys i am looking to TC my lancer it is with 4694 2.0 sohc 5 speed MT or should i swap a with 4693T engine guys please suggest me which will be a total value for money i live in india and i have limited choices here i will source most of the part from UAE/Thailand and japan let me know which will be total bang cheers
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
4g63T is a no brainer...turbo parts are far more abundant, stock and aftermarket, also the engine itself is at least twice as strong...i.e. 400hp on stock 4g63T, no problem....you'd be lucky to get 300 out of a stock 4g94 without blowing it up...and you need a custom turbo kit...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 01:13 AM

Emanage

I'm new on here but been following and reading in on threads since I got my lancer 9 years ago. I have a turbo kit I parted up and I got a greddy e management ultra has any one used it before? I'm driving an automatic just want some more info before I go and install everything.