Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

this is what happens when i get bored!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:04 AM
LRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
i have prolly about 4 grand with all the ported intake stuff. idk i just stopped counting after 3 grand.

but i can tell you tho its completely worth it. i wont look back ever and say that was a waste of my time or money. when its a hobby u spend whatever to make you happy.
Agreed! And thanks for the info.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 01:12 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

yup np
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:14 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

a question to all:

does anyone know if the evo j pipe to go from the compressor side to the inlet of the intercooler will work with this or will i have to get the flange and custom mandrel bend and weld my own?

thank god im a certified welder!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 06:44 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

well i finally got it in and she boosts great. i will get some pics up soon. tokk 25 hours to do and an all nighter but its done. few minor things went wrong but we got them fixed. will post later about those since im at work right now.

l8ter
Old Sep 4, 2008, 07:03 PM

Awesome, can't wait to see the pics. I'm doing something similar to your build also lawl.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

attached are some pics of the turbo! thank god its finally in!

a few prblems with the build:
1. we had to rotate the compressor housing a bit to make the 1st gen connector to go into the ic system. sounds easier than what it is.
2. when i ordered the o2 housing from rrm, i said that i would be using the stock down pipe which is a 2 bolt dsm flange, not a 3 bolt like on the o2 housing, but thank god the parts place in town had the flange!
3. putting in the 5th injector. for one we didnt have a tig welder and no spool gun for aluminum for the mig. but somehow we got thru with an older miller welder and some argon with aluminum wire. not the prettiest weld but it holds, especially for not having exactly the right stuff.
4.other little things here and there but mostly an easy build compared to some of the others that i have done.

great things:
1. i will never buy a HON-DUH
2. i get almost 30mpg on 93 octane boostin'
3. girlfriend wants to go racin every weekend now!

josh
Attached Thumbnails this is what happens when i get bored!-s4010080.jpg   this is what happens when i get bored!-s4010081.jpg   this is what happens when i get bored!-s4010082.jpg   this is what happens when i get bored!-s4010083.jpg  
Old Sep 20, 2008, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so was the evo tray pretty easy to put in?
Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

not my taste
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rdwngs44
not my taste
A turbo lancer is not to your taste?
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

it should be sweet!
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

^^^Your posts confuse me... seems like your postwhoring...^^^

JRR, good job... How's everything running?
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:56 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
so was the evo tray pretty easy to put in?
ya just had to remove the electrical box and move some wires. its already threaded so just go to yur local hardware store and get the bolts and washers and it drops right in. just needed to work a bit with the grounding cable but thats all in a days work!

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
JRR, good job... How's everything running?
PERFECT! i raced some v6 vw passat tonite from janesville wi to madison wi (which is about a 30 mile stretch) ans every time he'd try id kick his a@#! i even let him get like a mile ahead and i still caught him and passes np. i was doin a buck 30 a few times at full boost and it wasnt even a race at that. most of the time i had to wait for him to catch up.

i am very pleased with how it worked. i just need to get a bigger fuel pump. but thats coming with the next paycheck (hopefully)!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

so you're running 7 psi right now?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

yup 7psi is what im running. i want to do more now but im looking at an awd eclipse or evo for that.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:59 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

ok so ive had the turbo on for a few months now. done some racing, but mostly a boosted daily driver. the thing STILL gets 30mpg and ive had to do one oil change so far and oil looked nice and clean when i pulled it out.

although in the last week i have had a major drop in idle speeds. at first thought it was a fpr going bad with a vacuum/boost leak somewhere. the car wouldnt even start on its own. the only way i could get it started was if i would give it gas like an old carbuerated car.

bought evo scan and my friend ordered thae cable which should have been here by today but it never showed up so we couldnt data log. we hooked it up to a scan tool he got from school (he goes to uti in shaumberg, il). fixed some of the codes that it threw.

then it worked a little bit. but we really couldnt tune it for not having the cable for the evo scan. we worked a lot with the 5th injector controller that i have because it was adding waaaaay too much fuel into the system on idle (which it shoudnt) and even on boost it was pegging out at 9.9afr's on the wideband. we went out on the "dyno" which to us is back roads i the farmlands of wisconsin where we backed some of the fuel out and it worked really well and also helped wit my idle issue.

we then got back home where we also adjusted the iac and the throttle linkage as well and now she purrs like a sleeping kitten until u **** her off and wake her up. it still turns heads and thats what i like.

question for all. where are u running the front 02 sensor? because obviously the stock location is like where the turbo sits and the rrm o2 housing doesnt have a spot to put it like the dsm's. im running the simulated o2 from the zietronix wideband but we;re also thinking that it might have something to do with not running the fron o2 sensor. i know im throwing a code for not seeing the heated part of the o2, but would that cause it to drop idle so drastically?

so theres an update that i have for now. also picked up a copy of pcm scan and ecu flash to hopefully work with those in a few weeks.

Quick Reply: this is what happens when i get bored!