Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo for CVT 09 Lancer? RRM?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am actually going to do this I'm just waiting for a response to my email to RRM. hopefully it will be soon.......
Old Jul 5, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u going to boost cvt or asking for their info on the cvt they had?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:11 PM

boosting the cvt, last time i was over there to pick up some springs we started talking about the kit but i had to think about it a bit but i think im gonna pull the trigger on it as soon as i find out price and what comes with the kit.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

sweet keep us posted. I would like to know as well.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by hixlancer
if they had it turbod already then why hasnt anyone from RRM said ANYTHING about the turbo'd CVT they had....there is a lot of grey area here...how did the CVT handle the turbo? how much tq/hp increase? How long did u drive it turbo'd things like that is what people need to know before "pioneering" and using their CVT as a guinea pig.
If you paid attention to what was said in the rest of the thread rather than just mouthing off you'd have seen that when RRM slapped the turbo onto the CVT after figuring out the problem, Mitsubishi came back and said they needed the CVT Lancer back so they could crunch their numbers for the year. They didn't get a chance to R&D the fix for the tranny.

I'm also damned certain that RRM would rebuild your transmission, which is the biggest and almost -ONLY- problem with a boosted CVT, if they wrecked it during testing.

It's not like they're going to break your car, hand the keys back to you and say, "Damn dude, sorry about your luck." -- That would KILL their credibility and reputation as a performance shop.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ they figured out how to gwt the turbo to work with the CVT. All the R&D is done, they just wanted to put more miles on the car to make sure no problems came up in the future. The CVT tranny cooler was created after they put the turbo on the CVT.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

we have a CVT Turbo kit...call for more info 1-562-906-0080
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 09GTS
If you paid attention to what was said in the rest of the thread rather than just mouthing off you'd have seen that when RRM slapped the turbo onto the CVT after figuring out the problem, Mitsubishi came back and said they needed the CVT Lancer back so they could crunch their numbers for the year. They didn't get a chance to R&D the fix for the tranny.

I'm also damned certain that RRM would rebuild your transmission, which is the biggest and almost -ONLY- problem with a boosted CVT, if they wrecked it during testing.

It's not like they're going to break your car, hand the keys back to you and say, "Damn dude, sorry about your luck." -- That would KILL their credibility and reputation as a performance shop.

Ok, no need to be a jackass...if you would have taken time to read what I said then maybe you would have rephrased your post. Look at what I said...i said why havent RRM meaning ROAD RACE MOTORSPORTS said anything about their numbers for the cvt turbo and its effects on the CVT...not what some random guy on the message boards have said about it... Im pretty sure they would rebuild the tranny too if they messed up...but that is downtime for your car and more hassle....next time please...take time and read what people say before "mouthing off"
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Brian can you elaborate on the CVT turbo for us? Did you guys ever get a chance to dyno?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:56 PM

I'm gonna give em a call in the morning and see what's what with the kit cause I really don't mind being a pioneer for the good of the cvt community. And I have access to other vehicles if there are any prooblems with the kit. So give me a couple week and I might have all the info this thread needs
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Being a "pioneer" isn't all it's cracked up to be. Do what makes you happy. Noodles PM me if you ever drive down to the shop to have them slap the turbo on. I love visiting their shop.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

I'm thinkin' of getting a loan to get the cvt kit. lol!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Give us a call 1-562-906-0080...we are the only ones that can do it....5th injector style...

NO NEED for bigger injectors
Old Jul 9, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Brian if you dont mind me asking since everyone here who is CVT is wondering the same thing,

how much power did you guys throw at the cvt with this kit? do you know the limits of the CVT? Did you use the CVT cooler you offer on the website? please elaborate a bit on this kit if you can.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:06 PM

from what i was told in our first discussion with RRM about a month ago when i first found out about the kit, the CVT version puts down about 220hp to the wheels. ill be riding down to MOD with RRM on saturday so ill be able to get plenty of details on this kit.

Quick Reply: Turbo for CVT 09 Lancer? RRM?