Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

My New build thread..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
teaser
Attached Thumbnails My New build thread..-29443_436253303676_720398676_5656048_3035630_n.jpg  
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Always two side to every story.

I just spoke with Q.

Demon_ni2 - you need to take care of this off the forum with EPM. You have not presented the whole story. And I am not going to do that here either.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thx for cleaning up the thread
Old May 1, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

5/1/2010 Build update.

After my fabricators recent temper tantrum he told me, he will have my car finished within the next 2 weeks and my car is the only one he will be working on to get it finished, and he wants me to get my car off his properly the day he is done. Hes mad at me because im tired of his excuses and i have no problem with telling others about it, unhappy customers are hard to control, no joke lol. Its hard to keep customers happy when ur Lazy as Hell .

So that’s good news i guess.. Finally being worked on.. And then i can actually start working on it again at my house to get it ready to run..

Turbo manifold, downpipe, 2 intake manifolds, and will end up taking almost 6 months to complete; endless excuses and blaming others for the reason why things are taking so long. Very Sad i let it go for so long.

My buddy laughed at my for allowing him to take his time in the first place, should of been a 6 week long job if all done 1 at a time. I got a quote from my buddy for the next few things on my list that will need to be done(interior stuff) that shouldn’t take but a weekend to finish. the car will be running by mid/late June, might not be racing it untill the end of June(break in period)..

Asked around with a few local big ballars out there on how i act, and how i talk to other people about my car, and they all told me the same thing, I most definitely do not talk crap at all. People trying to vent and assume things about me and my project and accuse me of talking crap to everyone are full of themselfs. The only people i really talk crap to is my tuner, boss, and a fellow employee, because its fun, and we always have good come backs.

Lancer is built to compete versus any other lancer in the states, "8UR EVO" is a way of me saying this thing is ***** to the walls.. Its funny that no one knows what i did with my trans yet, i thought i posted a while ago, but apparently not. Like i said, ive kept most things secret that didnt concern the main build.. ( i have 3 transmissions ready to go, counting the one in the car still that has lasted 120k miles, 20k of that was boosted )

I've been averageing 1700-2k a week for the past 9 months, I was told, i apparently cant afford the upgrades to my car ive been trying to do.. I laughed so hard i didnt even respond to the idiot. Im not stupid, i know this isnt the best playforum to build, and could be much faster in a different car with the same amount put into it, but thats not the point.. I have had this car forever, cant just give up on it because its not the best thing to start out with.. I built my car to be QUICK, i surely did not buy something fast to make it a little quicker..

High 18 second factory car running in the 11s consistantly is a decent goal, when it comes to the street, u cant handle much more power without major traction issues.

CRX PROJECT: May sit for a while. Lancer is the priority; Plus the CRX is a project between me and my buddy peter, so im waiting for him to come home before i really do any work to it. it will be a HotRod full tube drag car(high compression k24 stroker, aka. k26), (my buddy is a master fabricator, mainly does natural gas pipeline stuff but has a lot of experience with car stuff)

Anyways, Giving ya'll the update.. i will more then likely not have any picture updates until the end of next week or untill the fab work is all completed. My fabricator has ended all communication with me, just said he will finish it as fast as possible and he wants it off his property when he’s done.

I guess it Hurts when people tell the truth to everyone they know.. Being an Owner for your own company, You always have to appreciate the people supporting you and always do your best to appease them even if ur not in the mood to do it. Friends, cant be abused because you think they will be more understanding.

Last edited by Smike; May 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: NO, you do not get to hide now. Post restored. Ya, truth hurts.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great success.

Last edited by rayman0690; May 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old May 1, 2010, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Always two side to every story.

I just spoke with Q.

Demon_ni2 - you need to take care of this off the forum with EPM. You have not presented the whole story. And I am not going to do that here either.

I'm excited to see you finish this project. I can't wait to see how a 68lb per minute turbo spools in a 1.0 or 1.10 housing. I hope you start making some of the local events with this beast. The buy in has been a weeks pay according to your posted salary. Almost 70k in 9 months and your platforms are a very formidable lancer and CRX.

Again, hope to see you out soon. I need some runs to see how the new setup pulls....stretch her legs a bit.

Post some install pics when you get all the racing seats in.

Goodluck!
Old May 1, 2010, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Idk about everyone else reading this , but whether he is slow and taking his time or bull$hitting about time spent , do you really wanna get on a forum full of customers he may come into contact with or be in contact with and talk negatively while he is building your car?

Ive been a mechanic all my life and though Ive never done it personally because Ive only worked at dealers Ive seen many customers that complained at a regular shop got a lousy halfass job done on their car and they wasted extra time ...

Proving that a mechanic did shoddy work that led to damage is hard as hell in court, I would not say a word while he had your car unless you dont care if he intentionally rigs something ... its definetly Not a good idea imho

Im not saying he would I dont know him but Ive seen what happens, I would keep it to yourself or pm's until you have the car back...

Btw , not sure if its a glare but if those tig welds on the injector bungs are indicative of the quality of work he does I would have brought my car somewhere else

Last edited by turbolancer02; May 1, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbolancer02
Idk about everyone else reading this , but whether he is slow and taking his time or bull$hitting about time spent , do you really wanna get on a forum full of customers he may come into contact with or be in contact with and talk negatively while he is building your car?

Ive been a mechanic all my life and though Ive never done it personally because Ive only worked at dealers Ive seen many customers that complained at a regular shop got a lousy halfass job done on their car and they wasted extra time ...

Proving that a mechanic did shoddy work that led to damage is hard as hell in court, I would not say a word while he had your car unless you dont care if he intentionally rigs something ... its definetly Not a good idea imho

Im not saying he would I dont know him but Ive seen what happens, I would keep it to yourself or pm's until you have the car back...

Btw , not sure if its a glare but if those tig welds on the injector bungs are indicative of the quality of work he does I would have brought my car somewhere else
i agree! thats like talking **** to the person making your food.. you just dont do it, even if the service is crap. have you ever seen the movie "waiting"?

Last edited by Smike; May 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, thats not glare, thats a big globbed up welds. hopefully the end product will look much nicer.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; May 2, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
This. And the OP fails to give the whole story. This is only his half.

Thread closed.

I invited Q to come on and tell the other half.

Q - if you come on to reply. Please PM me your response. I will reopen the thread and allow you to post it.

OP - as I told you, your bashing stays off the site or we close the thread. Clearly, you didn't get that. Do not start another thread on this.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:13 AM

Hello Everyone I am the "Q" that has been spoken about. This is my first post on this issue in quiet some time. At first I had little concern about the remarks made against me and my business but after seeing the many recent falsehoods; and the encouragement from my friends I have decided to speak out about this subject at hand. Honestly I am not mad but saddened more than anything at this point. Locally/Regionally/ and even world wide my name and reputation is in good standing; so with that I had little to no concern at first. But I now see that I should come forward and tell my side of the story. But if I did that it would take a multi page post on my part and I just do not think that is necessary.

I will tell you that the accusations that have been thrown out there are not in the least bit truthful. I encourage anyone that has questions or comments to please contact me and allow me to share my side of the story. For it has become way too convoluted at this point to publically correct the many inaccuracies. There are always 2 sides to any issue and in that you have only heard the angry side being provoked against me. I will share just a bit to try and set the record straight.

There are reasons that the project at hand has sat for so long, they involve money and a customer that constantly changes his mind about major components. I also allowed this car to be stored at my facility until the customer could start the project. The dates being represented are not at all factual. I also do not know why I am at blame for his car not running when he can't nor won't get with the engine builder where his engine has resided for the last 3 months. That surely is not my fault, he must have his reasons for not picking his motor up for I know the motor is ready. Oh well, live and learn on my part. I operate a business for profit as almost every other business out there. We try our best to help our customers out in hard times, but there has to be a point where enough is a enough. Sometimes as a business owner and a friend you have to learn to say no. Learning to say No. That is my worst fault, I would like to think that I have a good local reputation as helping people out with projects big and small. I just want to help people because throughout my life others have helped me and it is a way for me to return the generosity. But in this case with this particular project I definitely should have said No when the first of many changes were brought before me.

This is basically the gist of the current situation. I could go on about the other issues but why. It would do no good and would only make the situation worse. I would like to take a minute to say Thanks to the many people that have contacted me about this situation. I find it both saddening and refreshing that when situations like these arise that you have the many many friends that support and encourage me. Lastly, if someone has a concern about me or EPM please feel free to contact me thru my email or a PM, I will be more than happy to discuss any issue that you may have.

Q

Last edited by EvolutionQY; May 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM.