Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

02 Lancer ES Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JRR
4k turbo/non turbo....

if 4k turbo then yes you prolly did cause the kit worth at least 2k separate...

JRR you always help me out brother, thanks a ton, I kind of figured that, If anything I would sell the car for 3500 with the evo 8 bumper and no turbo becuase the insurance money covered the front end. I think I would do that plus it gives me time to clear a little bit of bills out the way.

I also had a guy with a bmw m5 randomly talk to me about cars, he over heard me and a co worker going out on the highway for some fun and he was like you will loose, my mechanic works on my car and he has a car with turbo that spools up to 140 psi. Then he claimed that his car had 1400 hp... I was like really my car has 2000 hp I hate people that do that crap, I lost to a chevy camero by a car and a half length on my stock 4G94 motor, im pretty sure if I put the built motor in the car I could easily whomp on people from a roll.

so the car is still for sale but im just going to call off this deal and sell the turbo parts first I can get an evo anytime I want to from my dealer.

Lance if you have something to say just pm me bro or give me a call and I will tell you the reasoning I kinda of forgot about taxes and registration so technically the evo im buying would be 17k
Old May 29, 2011, 08:59 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
140psi....hmmmm maybe if its diesel. i know the diesel pull trucks around here are around that pressure on some trucks.....

but thats a truck! cummins ftw!
Old May 30, 2011, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

what? you're selling? after all those big plans?! I was rootin for ya buddy
Old May 31, 2011, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Havent been on here for awhile. Selling the lancer huh Steven? I cant blame ya, in all reality for the extra pep the turbo with stock 4G94 gives ya its well worth it, however IMO thats as far as it goes and still be "worth it" to do it right as in getting the suspension able to handle it not to mention braking and traction. This is why I decided awhile ago not to go any further with mine as the cost to make it reliable is not worth it. My car is very quick for what it is but for serious power I will start with a better platform. I am happy with my car and have no plans on selling anytime soon. When I do I will have made sure I got my moneys worth out of her
Old May 31, 2011, 07:04 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

^^i hear ya there. thats why i got my wrx...
Old May 31, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRR
^^i hear ya there. thats why i got my wrx...
My next cars going to be a WRX....or a truck.
Old May 31, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Dont get me wrong the lancer is an awesome car im barely keeping up with chevy camaros thats two this week. But my only issue is the head whats the point on having a built block if the head robs so much power. Theres just more options for the evo and the custom stuff just takes up time bolt ons would be awesome and so much easier and now since i know how to tune i can save alot of money or possibly make some to help invest in the car. So the.plan is to.put it stock and just sell the turbo seperate theres just to many low ballers here. I had a guy offer me 3k for my car... thats just insulting
Old May 31, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Dont get me wrong the lancer is an awesome car im barely keeping up with chevy camaros thats two this week. But my only issue is the head whats the point on having a built block if the head robs so much power. Theres just more options for the evo and the custom stuff just takes up time bolt ons would be awesome and so much easier and now since i know how to tune i can save alot of money or possibly make some to help invest in the car. So the.plan is to.put it stock and just sell the turbo seperate theres just to many low ballers here. I had a guy offer me 3k for my car... thats just insulting
Ha, yeah...that's blue book though, from what I have seen. My thing is, I'm not buying a car if I know someone's had a turbo on it....especially a custom made one, that they learned to tune on (ie I'm probably never going to sell my lemon slice...she's just been run too hard)

Cars aren't an investment, 99% of the time....I just tell myself that going in, and i feel a lot better overall
Old May 31, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well if you do part it out i would like the injectors lol
Old May 31, 2011, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
Ha, yeah...that's blue book though, from what I have seen. My thing is, I'm not buying a car if I know someone's had a turbo on it....especially a custom made one, that they learned to tune on (ie I'm probably never going to sell my lemon slice...she's just been run too hard)

Cars aren't an investment, 99% of the time....I just tell myself that going in, and i feel a lot better overall

Not unless its a supra.

Sorry to see the lancer go but yea your goals must be meet and you must step on anyone to get there. eeerrrr sacrifice anything to get there.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Well just because im getting an evo doesnt mean im going too have a big ego
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steven121
Well just because im getting an evo doesnt mean im going too have a big ego
That "steven" guy is suuuuch a dick, right???

You are going to sell your kit whole, aye? any separate parts like a MBC or anything?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yea if you do part out I would take that section after the downpipe. Iunno. Im looking forward to whateveeer choice you make. Its gonna be interesting. It is kinda odd to see lancers either upgrade to an evo or wrx. I personally want to get the 2011 sti or 2003/4 evo 8. Don't forget us little guys once you make it to the top. lol oh btw, when you cut your original bumper how much did you cut from it to make the intercooler fit. I personally want to keep the mesh part for my fogs but if that has to go then I can give the fogs to my gf. Also, is a mbc neccesary when first boosting or highly recommended. I figured that would make tuning a bit more complicated.

Last edited by Jogenmaru; Jun 1, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

well im going to pay off these credit cards first, then put the car back stock and sell majority of the turbo kit.

But I am keeping the wideband, wastegate, a pillar, air filter, and short shifter after that everything will be up for sale, just give me a couple months, im getting calls like crazy about my car but everyone wants to low ball, so I am taking your advice
Old Jun 3, 2011, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Where can I find a high pressure ac line? And would the evo ac line? It's so hot and a little ac would be nice

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer ES Turbo Project