Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

What should I do to my Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bgioan
Just because I have alotted a budget of $350 for ONE item doesn't mean I do not have money. I have money for pretty much a brand new turbo from RRM and a header,catback, intake and will still have lots more left over. I just don't want to waste it all on this car. Simple as that, why waste my money. I just wanted to see which was better. Intake<>Catback<> or something else
oh my bad I just thought you had a limited budget bro thats why I said what I said.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
hey come on now.. its not suckiness.. its called cheaponess or built it right and spend an arm and a leg to make crappy power.

haha dude i like that one! gotta love a turboed lancer tho
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys I have read these forums here for quite a while before actually signing up. I understand the 4G94 has very little potential unless you practically change all engine parts and place a turbo. I am on a VERY limited budget as I just want to put a little "kick" in my lancer. I am looking at maximum of a ~$350 budget.

My options were getting an Injen/K&N intake for about $210
Header? I saw one at RRM for about $370 it had also a down pipe??( I have no idea what that is )
Or installing a DOHC head, I think some people here did that but I keep looking and finding nothing. Like putting a 4G63 Head, I think this is possible. Any idea of how much this will run me and how good it will be?
Or a Catback, I have heard a lot of people installing Magnaflows here..

What should I do guys?

hey bgioan! i strongly suggest you take a look at this link and jump on it fast! if your looking at a $350
I am mainly looking at an intake and have noticed some at RRM,eBay, and AAS they are about $200 for the K&N and $240-$260 for the Injen

Also should it be SRI or CAI and of course why is the SRI so short?? THANKS!

hey bgioan! i strongly suggest you take a look at this link and jump on it fast! if your looking at a $350 budget, then this would be perfect for you. you could get an intake, ported intake manifold and header for $350!!
http://sclc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7353
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by crf inc.
hey bgioan! i strongly suggest you take a look at this link and jump on it fast! if your looking at a $350 budget, then this would be perfect for you. you could get an intake, ported intake manifold and header for $350!!
http://sclc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7353
To tell you the truth I cannot see that, if you could ink it another way that would be great. That is also a really nice price. But I cannot see it. Please show me!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
imo, if you just own a regular lancer, dont bother putting a SRI or CAI in it, just save your money and put it away for something you need or something that'll benefit you, like a new car (evo to be exact). Otherwise, you're honestly not gonna gain anything at all with that mod.

just my 0.02
dj
Old Jan 16, 2010, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

To tell you the truth I cannot see that, if you could ink it another way that would be great. That is also a really nice price. But I cannot see it. Please show me!
the thread works fine for me.. i dont know how to link it any other way..

just go to sclc.net and look in the for sale threads.. its the most recent one on there.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome, save that $ and get an evo, I spent yearws putting money into cars that had no real power potential. I wised up and hopefully you will to one day.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:39 AM

Problem Officially solved guys. I will just keep my money and save up for one of my many options. Thanks! Like these
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Problem Officially solved guys. I will just keep my money and save up for one of my many options. Thanks! Like these
I like that list, except that its an evo X as compared to an IX (I am bias though). Good luck to you
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

wise decision man.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

best mod ever is get a evo! haha
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by vetboss
I like that list, except that its an evo X as compared to an IX (I am bias though). Good luck to you
Well you know its a Ralliart? But which is technically an X except for "de-tuned". Most important thing is has the same engine as an X, and AWD. So if I WERE to get it, I would de-brand the back place E V O L U T I O N and tune the engine up.

I don't know if you know that? But if I were given a choice between a new X and a IX I would choose the IX, except that the Evo X has TC-SST. Which I LOOOVE!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well you know its a Ralliart? But which is technically an X except for "de-tuned". Most important thing is has the same engine as an X, and AWD. So if I WERE to get it, I would de-brand the back place E V O L U T I O N and tune the engine up.

I don't know if you know that? But if I were given a choice between a new X and a IX I would choose the IX, except that the Evo X has TC-SST. Which I LOOOVE!
? No it's not, the Ralliart is no more a detuned Evo than an SRT-4 is a detuned Viper. The Ralliart shares the short block (engine without any parts attached) and the interior, that's about it. The exterior is different which limits what size wheels and tires you can run (the stock Evo X wheels and tires don't even fit), the brakes are completely different, the suspension is completely different, the turbo setup is different (single-scroll on the Ralliart vs twin-scroll on the Evo, larger turbo on the Evo), the exhaust is different, the intake system is slightly different (I believe in addition to the intercooler, the intake manifold may be different) and the drivetrain is very different (no S-AYC on the Ralliart, the TC-SST on the Ralliart cannot hold as much power as that on the Evo X MR, no supersport mode on the Ralliart). Whoever told you it's basically a detuned Evo X is smoking some serious crack.
Edit: Oh and rebadging a car that's not an Evolution as an Evolution is the riciest piece of rice since this

Literally, it would be more rice than actual rice.

Last edited by ambystom01; Jan 19, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

haha wow amby
love your posts man !
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:21 PM

you can buy elctric blue wing

Quick Reply: What should I do to my Lancer?