Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Stage II RRM... GOT IT!!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage II RRM... GOT IT!!

Hey everybody... i'm new to these boards but have been on the eclipse boards off and on. I currently have a V6 Eclipse, 03, with the RIPP SC on it. As far as that goes i love RIPP so please don't flame me or them as ROSS has never done me wrong.

Anyway, i recently bought a lancer for the wife and she wanted some speed. I've always prefered turbo and since Road Race is well known by Mitsu guys i bought there stage 2 kit for her. The motor is stock as RRM said it could boost 9 psi no problem on stock internals. I did get the header, magnaflow catback and testpipe as well. Everything else is stock. We got it on the other day and did the break in driving for the black box/piggy it has. Then... well... it happened... I WET MYSELF!!

Man this friggin car hauls ***. I raced her against my Eclipse and she pulled me all the way ending up in fourth with about 2 car lengths on me... I think i'm trading her cars as I can't have my WOMAN beating me.

I don't post much and i'm trully not a forum guy but RRM did me right and i just wanted to say thanks. Also they told me to research the RIPP kit first before i decide fully and that really gained my trust. I told them i had a RIPP kit and it kicks *** but i've always prefered turbo's... man i wasn't wrong!

Thanks agian RRM
Pleasure doing business with you!

RIPP and RRM ROCK
Old May 12, 2004, 02:00 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

so you have a V6 supercharged eclipse, and your wife has a turbo stage 2 lancer, and you say the lancer spanked you by 2 car lengths? gea roots. do you have the base kit or aftercooled (for your eclipse)?
Old May 12, 2004, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

thats amazing! i cant wait to get my turbo and stage 2! should have stage two installed by septembre
Old May 12, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnV6Eclipse
Man this friggin car hauls ***. I raced her against my Eclipse and she pulled me all the way ending up in fourth with about 2 car lengths on me...

now that's how a lancer should be! damn for putting a shotty 120hp in our cars
Old May 12, 2004, 02:45 PM

Just the base kit on my eclipse... but it still hauls *** though!!
Old May 12, 2004, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

how fast would u say your 0-60 in your eclipse and wifes car is now?
Old May 12, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

so you went from stock to stage 2?
How much did it cost?
Old May 12, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

hheheh i did the opposite i went from stock to non-intercooled to intercooled and now to stage 2 soon (paid, just waiting on parts).
Old May 12, 2004, 03:14 PM

Straight up man hopefully i'll be there someday
Old May 12, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

isnt your eclipse supposed to be running like 350 whp with the RIPP SDS kit? that's what it says on the RIPP website...if that's true i dont think a lancer with a RRM stage II kit will be able to keep up..even with less weight and shorter gear ratio's i dunno if this is possible. From the dyno chart that RRM gives for the Stage II kit, the peak hp is a little past 225 whp. With these numbers, what you are saying is totally unrealistic. Maybe you should see what's wrong with your eclipse
Old May 12, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

for the ripp eclipse...there are different stages...one of ripp's engineer's eclipse ran 11.0 boosting around 17 with stock internals and stock muffler...and drives everyday at 14psi...his car looks really like stock...dat eclipse is a massive sleeper....
Old May 12, 2004, 05:20 PM

Yeah RIPP has the FASTEST 3G eclipse right now... unfortunately i'm only on the base kit. No injection/intercooler. My dyno from way back showed 263whp and 246wtq. Some get a little higher but i still have the stock headers as well so that hurts my numbers. From what i've seen of the STAGE II dyno's of RRMs the kit should be around 230+whp and 240+wtq which makes my heavier car and the lighter lancer pretty much even. However i lost and if she was pulling on me in third you can't say it is my driving as flooring it in third isn't very hard. SHE JUST KEPT PULLING!!!

No worries though... i just got the ok to upgrade my baby! In about a month i'll be getting the headers/pistons/pulley/interc... for my beast. That will put the woman back in check!!

As for the cost i got everything for a good price as i paid cash!! I'd recommend others to do that if possible as cash always makes a vendor bend a little more. I know the RIPP kit is a little cheaper but it's also for a little less hp/tq. If you've been in a turbo'd car and an SC'd car you know that the kick in the butt feeling of turbo is well worth it. Also the turbo's power comes in earlier, especially on the lancer(3.2k i'm boosting 9psi my eclipse is at around 3psi then)and therefore has a longer powerband... This is just my experience so don't be bagging on me and it isn't anything against RIPP's kit. I know i made the right choice everytime i step on the gas for both my eclipse and the wifes lancer. I was seriously shocked with the lancer though!! SERIOUSLY!!

Last edited by JohnV6Eclipse; May 12, 2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old May 12, 2004, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

thats exactly what I was trying to prove/point out to some of the people who are strongly attacthed to RIPP but didnt want to listen and just yelled for talking on their thread.

THE SC puts out really nice numbers, if you can keep the RPM's really high up, where as ya you can be at full boost and stay there a lot longer with a turbo vs. the SC. Im glad someone with both gave a good side by side comparision.
Old May 12, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

not to start a fight....boe and sumone else said it was disrespectful to talk about da sds in the rrm thread...so i asked poliety not to discuss rrm in a ripp thread...
Old May 17, 2004, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah but in this post the owner has both... damn that must be nice! Your loaded man... wanna adopt me!

Can't believe i didn't see this post till now but it's another good testiment to RRM's Stage 2. You should post picks of both kits!