Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Help!! Possible Hydrolock!! Pls. Read!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2004, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! Possible Hydrolock!! Pls. Read!

OKay.. so its raining pretty hard right now here in chicago... I already tried waiting the rain to die down but it was already getting late.. so I was driving home and all of sudden when im close to my house i see whole road is flooded... it wasnt that bad.. but by the time i realized it it was to0 late.. so i tried just going through it as fast i could but not applying any throttle... all of sudden right after i clear it.. my car started lagging..I started to feel real bad!!.. the engine wasnt going past 2000RPM.. i enter my subdivision and im about 5 block from my house the car dies... wouldnt start for like a minute.. i was jsut about to go in the back and push but i prayed and tried once more.. then car runs fine.... drives pretty good to0... it lag once more.. but then it drove okai.. i put it in my garage and rev a little for like 30 sec. trying to just maybe burn up any water... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK... ?! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!

THANKX
~MARK
Old Aug 4, 2004, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

hope everythings alright man, makes me really nervous too when its raining.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think you got some of your electronics wet. If you hydrolocked your motor, your car would still be sitting in whatever puddle you were driving through at the time, because it would stop running immediately, and not start again.

Try again after it's had some time to dry.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It wouldn't start again if it locked. You may have just gotten a bit too much moisture into the combustion chamber. If it burns off (Which yours apparently did) then don't sweat it.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:40 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

wow man. same exact thing happened to my buddy's celica. everything "seemed" fine, but when he went to start it the next day it was hydrolocked. he basically had to get a new motor. i remember him telling me his intake was wet, as well as his spark plugs. so i guess basically check that, and if they are wet dont try and start the car.... you might as well tow it so nothing else gets damaged. best of luck.