Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Lancer Speaker Sizes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2002, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Speaker Sizes

Just for future reference....I was doing some checking on crutchfield.com and I was looking over the speaker sizes for the Lancer because I thought they'd be comparable to the Evo's...

So in the future, if anybody wants to know, the speaker sizes for the Lancer are 6 1/2"s in the front and the same in the back.

I'm pretty sure that the speaker sizes in the Evo would be very similar if not the exact same.

Hooby
Old Feb 7, 2002, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the specs Hooby. The specs will come in handy since I'm in search for some new front and back speakers. I'm looking into eclipse as of right now since my friend has an eclipse set-up in his 94' beamer. The system really has some kick. If your an all bass person I would'nt recommend eclipse being that their more of a mid-range (equal treble to equal bass). Their site ishttp://www.eclipse-web.com/
Old Feb 7, 2002, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

eclipse speakers kick alot of ***. They actually have some pretty damn good bass IMO. Be careful with them though. Mine bent and the cone seperated (I think it was the fault of the place that installed them, but I thought I should tell you) and I had to replace them. I replaced them with Xplod 6 1/2s and it was a MAAAAJOOOOR step down.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the warning andy. I will use precautions if I do follow through with what I want to do. My friends system I haven't heard any problems with his yet but anyhow thanks again.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Thats great info. Those are the same sizes as my Galant VR-4, so I can get speakers now and then transfer them to the Evo later.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 09:29 PM

Does anyone know what brand speakers are in the Lancer OZ. They sound pretty decent and have pretty good bass to them, I was thinking of just changing the head unit and installing 2 amps and 2 subs but keeping the mid-range speakers will that work??
Old Feb 20, 2002, 10:27 AM

I am working on replacing the speakers in my OZ Rally. After some technical difficulties with Crutchfield (Still love them to death though) I found out the the stock speaker openings are not 6 1/2, they are actually 6 3/4. You need the adapter plate to fit 6 1/2's. I've decided to go with Pioneer TS-A1767 instead of TS-A1765, which they originally said would fit the stock openings. Well see how they sound...I'm putting these delicious little speakers in this weekend
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Just to let you all know the speaker sizes in the Japan Spec Evo VII are not 6 1/2's. They are actually 6 3/4's. I have 6 1/2's to put in but need an adaptor and the last time I went to Autobacs they were not stocking them yet so I am waiting. I am guessing this will hold true for the US Evo as well. Just some food for thought.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 09:09 PM

I'm guessing the same, seeing as the OZ Rally only fits 6 3/4" and the current Japan spec EVO does as well. Why waste manufacturing costs to resize the current hole and make it smaller. Everyone needs to be aware of this...don't believe any catalog telling you that 6 1/2" speakers will fit (without an adapter atleast), this is B.S.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

i want some suggestions

i have a sony xplod complete system kind of outdated but...... the headunit is the cdx-m610....i have the xs-v1621 130 watts....xs-v6921 180 watts....and 2 xs=l1235 subs...both 800 watts...so combined 1600 watts... XM-3001SXD amp which is 1000 watts.... i have all of this...and it was in my eclipse which i had b4... i was wondering if i should just sell this and get something new...or is this good enough? or....screw sony... get something better?? well i dont know...someone give me some suggestions...
Old Feb 28, 2002, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Everybody has different opinions on head units, but fer the most part people try to stay away from sony. They're good units and they last a while, but compared to what else is out there I wouldn't reccomend them. I like Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer for HU's

Regular Speakers......I'm an Infinity kinda guy. They're expensive but after I got mine in my car it was like hearing my music for the first time all over again.

Subs....depends on what kinda sound you want. If you want loud, boomy bass fer stuff like Rap and R & B take a look at JL's....some of the loudest stereos I've ever heard had JL's bumpin. If you want tight, clear, musical bass (like me) take a look at Infinity again.

Amps....don't know much about amps....sorry

Hooby
Old Feb 28, 2002, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

If you are looking for quality amps your looking for Rockford Fosgate Power Series amps. These amps will push your speakers to the edge and blow out your ear drums. They are a little expensive but one of the best places to get them on the net at an actual certified dealer so you get the warranty and all is at www.thezeb.com They sell pretty much any brand name you can think for less. Just compare their prices to Crutchfield. A great way to save a few bucks for those who are saving for the Evo like me. Oh wait a minute I already have an Evo VII, and its not the watered down kind either! SORRY! I couldn't help myself, but seriously its a great site to save money.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:42 AM

that's true
Old Jul 27, 2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by yellow_lancer
i have a sony xplod complete system kind of outdated but...... the headunit is the cdx-m610....i have the xs-v1621 130 watts....xs-v6921 180 watts....and 2 xs=l1235 subs...both 800 watts...so combined 1600 watts... XM-3001SXD amp which is 1000 watts.... i have all of this...and it was in my eclipse which i had b4... i was wondering if i should just sell this and get something new...or is this good enough? or....screw sony... get something better?? well i dont know...someone give me some suggestions...
sony is ok, but you could go with something a lot better