Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Broken into

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken into

So I was at a friends house last night and walked out about an hour later and opened my door and my center part of my dash is hanging down. But my CD player and I also had my wallet in there were left. The only thing they took was my 50+ CD's i had in there and a bunch of CLothes. They did bend the crap outta my dash. Anyone know how much that center part of the dash costs to replace?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

So was that HU monuted in there with screws? Looks like it was, or it wouldn't have been threre. Either that or some noob thiefs! Didn't read about any broken glass; was the door left unlocked?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:53 AM

Completely embarrassed to say this but nope. I have a trunk button right below my arm button on my alarm. Well i mustve hit that because it still beeped at me so i assumed it was locked. I'm assuming noob theifs because while yes it was mounted with screws and stuff they had a screw driver and left it in my passenger seat. I was parked on a well lit busy street by other cars so im assuming someone went ot go to their car and the theifs left. they stole clothes and CD's. Who steals other peoples clothes lol. I'm taking my car to the dealer to see how much it would be to get a new dash piece and make sure more isn't damaged but im kinda assuming the HVAC controls are torn out of place to considering how they torn it down with the screws still on.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:35 AM

Well just got back from the dealer the part is $365 bucks plus the 50 or so CD's plus about $200 in clothes ....yay to higher insurance rates
Old May 1, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

lol. idk bout u but i have yet to see any increase in insurance rates.....besides my gpa discount dangit. well. talk to your insurance company tell them its comprehensive. it shouldnt make ur rates go up. its not ur fault? well. idk bout that but talk. thats the best way outta everything
Old May 6, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old May 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eildydar
Completely embarrassed to say this but nope. I have a trunk button right below my arm button on my alarm. Well i mustve hit that because it still beeped at me so i assumed it was locked. I'm assuming noob theifs because while yes it was mounted with screws and stuff they had a screw driver and left it in my passenger seat. I was parked on a well lit busy street by other cars so im assuming someone went ot go to their car and the theifs left. they stole clothes and CD's. Who steals other peoples clothes lol. I'm taking my car to the dealer to see how much it would be to get a new dash piece and make sure more isn't damaged but im kinda assuming the HVAC controls are torn out of place to considering how they torn it down with the screws still on.
Maybe there were homeless and needed to keep warm.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:03 AM

LOL i dont care i hope they die in a car fire to be quite honest...get a damn job. Also found out that comprehensive doesnt cover anything but my dash. Also found out that the retards broke my CD player when they were prying AROUND the screws that take out the CD players...i have a kenwood KDC MP528 and it has a motorized flip down face and only one side will flip down now. gonna be just over 500 bucks for the dash and replacing my CD player. im pissed haha been stuck listening to the same Lil Wayne CD for the past 2 weeks~
Old May 10, 2007, 10:44 AM

Check www.car-part.com (junkyard search)
Old May 10, 2007, 11:35 AM

nothing there. thanks tho. Need a way to come up with 450 bucks quick. wonder if the dealer will take payments haha
Old May 10, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

did you check the for sale forums yet? you can the evo hvac center piece also... just so you have a better chance of finding one...
Old May 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get a aftermarket one........ rrm sells one in CF for gauges for lil over $100. Get radio relocatiopn for mabey $70.... much less then dealer cost and you have new parts.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions i looked in the sales forum but was unable to post and the post i posted in the lancer section got deleted. The reason i didn't want one of the RRM ones is because i didn't like the CF look and dont have any gauges to put in anyway. I'm currently NA and prolly will be for a while so dont even know which would be good to put in. ive been looking around but still unable to find..tomorrow ill start spamming the yellow pages to junk yards and see....i very highly doubt that i will find a lancer around here.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions i looked in the sales forum but was unable to post and the post i posted in the lancer section got deleted. The reason i didn't want one of the RRM ones is because i didn't like the CF look and dont have any gauges to put in anyway. I'm currently NA and prolly will be for a while so dont even know which would be good to put in. ive been looking around but still unable to find..tomorrow ill start spamming the yellow pages to junk yards and see....i very highly doubt that i will find a lancer around here.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:51 PM

Quick Reply: Broken into