Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

08+lancer stereo wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the remote amp turn on is controlled through a can bus system. Which means the install is on hold until either PAC or Soundgate release a bypass adaptor. But the audio signal from the head unit to the amp is listed in the above info, and it does line up with the metra wire harness (70-7005) that is already released. So do batt, acc, and ground. If anyone else knows more than this please share. Or is another company has released the canbus bypass let me know.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So i don't know if this is common knowledge or not....but i found out the other day that in order to add an aftermarket amplifier to a factory setup, you would need something called a Line Output Converter that "interceps" the signal from the speaker wire outputs and allows you to plug RCA cables from the converter to the aftermarket amp. Just a thought but I think it's a good place for people who want to keep their stock Navi setup but want to replace the factory amp and sub with something better.

Oh ya, and SmoothdrJay, I think you're wiring diagram will be very helpful now :thumbsup:
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:19 PM

one thing before you guys go trying to intergrate into the rockford system. the signal going to the amp are going to more then likely be low level inputs, which means if u splice the wires in and turn up the radio even a little bit it will turn it up louder then wat u really want. i would personally wait untill metra or someone comes out with the adapter for it. they will have the rca's that will go into the aftermarket radio <if it is needed> and will have a way to convert the can bus system signal to turn on the amps. best of luck with the install though
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:01 PM

Man, classic bummer, Any idea on when the amp harness is soppuse to be released?

I found this on crutchfield and it look like thats how they get there stuff on...

Installation Details
Fits

Installation Details for your 2008 Lancer

» Bypass your factory amps by running new speaker wires from your new receiver to each speaker

Last edited by ghostlancer; Jun 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:40 AM

09 lancer with rockford system

Originally Posted by SmoothdrJay
OMFG... After weeks of searching i believe i may have stumbled upon the answer to all my problems...

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1icjm3xndm

The wiring diagram for the 2008 Lancer w/Rockford Fosgate 9 speaker system... Im taking this info to my installer tomorrow, and ill post up to let you know how it goes.

Hi that link didnt work for me. Is there a harness available for the 09 lancer es with the rockford system? Or a diagram i could look at to maybe just wire it myself instead of shelling out a 100 bucks for a harness?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 07:55 AM
Cyp
Evolving Member

The Non Fosgate with GPS has different wire colors in the doors. The metra kit I used has about 5 cables missing. I believe they are my steering wheel radio control features and Bluetooth controls. Is it possible to just tap in a few pins into the metra harness to get those lined up with the OEM harness?

Second, the car stereo stays on even after shutting the car off. Anyone experience this and was able to find out which wire may have been spliced incorrectly?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:31 AM

I have a 2009 Lancer ES, Is there a way to install an after market headunit and bypass the Rockford system and hook the speakers to an aftermarket amp?