Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Sound field (stage, hall, live, normal) with MMCS navigation system

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sound field (stage, hall, live, normal) with MMCS navigation system

Hello, my car came without the Rockford Fosgate upgrade gave me the ability to adjust the sound field from normal, live, stage and hall selections. I now have the Mitsubishi navigation system installed which gives much more configuration options for the rest of the car, but the audio setting no longer has the sound field selection anymore. I looked through the manual and it seems to indicate that it's only possible with the "premium" system. Does the MMCS forego these DSP settings for some reason? I'd like to be able to get the sound field selection back. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 02:39 AM

Sounds like something went wrong during install, I have the navi and have the sound field category. Maybe your nav needs to be updated, did you get it installed by a dealer?
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by AtThisVelocity
Sounds like something went wrong during install, I have the navi and have the sound field category. Maybe your nav needs to be updated, did you get it installed by a dealer?
AtThisVelocity, was yours part of the a package that included the Rockford Fosgate too, or was it just the MMCS navigation on top of the base stereo/amp? My MMCS manual makes it very clear that the sound field music type DSP and sub punch settings are only available on the premium (which I take to mean Rockford Fosgate) system. It's just strange that my stock base unit gave me the DSP settings.

It was ordered through the dealer with the car purchase although I think they had another shop do it (because they originally got them to install an aftermarket unit due to miscommunication). But I was told it came back to the dealer for the configuration.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:50 PM

yeah, mine was the full package, navi and rockford sub and speakers.

So let me get this right, you had the stock headunit without navi and no rockford but you had the stage options. and you took it to the dealer to get the navi put in which in turn got rid of the stage options.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AtThisVelocity
yeah, mine was the full package, navi and rockford sub and speakers.

So let me get this right, you had the stock headunit without navi and no rockford but you had the stage options. and you took it to the dealer to get the navi put in which in turn got rid of the stage options.
Yes, that's what happened. It is consistent with what the MMCS nav manual says would happen, but it's just strange unless the MMCS nav is older and/or doesn't support what the 2010 faceplate has as standard.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:15 PM

Yeah, could be, I know they make an update for the navi, maybe yours isnt upgraded. It is really strange, I would say take it to the dealer. Otherwise just buy and aftermarket equalizer and get ultimate control over your sound. lol
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:21 PM

My nav has SW version of 2005-2! When I get it updated hopefully I'll get the DSP back.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:49 AM

hopefully, they might try to charge you for it, just fight to get it for free, cause if they just installed it they should have updated it for you.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:31 PM

I had more than enough hassle at the dealership to have them take out the aftermarket unit that was put in instead so I really don't want to go back. I'll probably just wait for the next release. My understanding is that the most recent so far includes maps from 2007, correct?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:05 AM

I have no idea, I never looked into it, as long as it has my street on it ill be fine, cause i get lost easily.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually have this same problem. I also recently installed the OEM Navi. I don't have the stage uptions either. If you figure this out, lmk. I'd also like to know a fix.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by jRox
I actually have this same problem. I also recently installed the OEM Navi. I don't have the stage uptions either. If you figure this out, lmk. I'd also like to know a fix.
jRox, so you had the sound field options before the navi, right? What's the version of your navi?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hccyong
jRox, so you had the sound field options before the navi, right? What's the version of your navi?
Yes, I swapped my stock HU for the OEM navi. Haven't checked the version, but I'll find out.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone figure this out?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:08 PM

I haven't looked into this anymore. But I definitely don't have an amp under the driver's seat so the DSP (if there is one) is in the head unit (MMCS in our case). Perhaps they didn't bother putting the DSP hardware into the MMCS?!