Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump

looking for a long term update.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous_pt4
i recently dyno my lancer , 2008 2.0 5 spd on a dyno jet chassis dyno , mods installed are
rrm sri,rrm crank pulley,rrm piggy back ecu , rrm timing module , magnaflow high flow cat , 2.5 inch custom pipe , magnaflow resonator and magnaflow race series muffler and on 91 oct

the numbers were not what i would have expected considering the claims of power increase by these mods ,

i dyno 138 hp and 139 tq

and my most recent 1/4 mile run with this setup was 16.2 on 91 oct and 20 lbs in the front tires on stock 18's with falken 452 rubber

i will dig up my dyno sheet and time slip and try to scan it

think im going to switch to aem cai , rrm headers or custom headers and go with a custom tune and add engine mounts and see what that will do
made me wonder with all the RRM mods how this guy pulled numbers that my lancer ran stock
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS
made me wonder with all the RRM mods how this guy pulled numbers that my lancer ran stock
with those he should have seen something gain, maybe with the larger exhaust he lost some tq, but should still have gained at least some kw/hp
Old Oct 30, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stEVOx
with those he should have seen something gain, maybe with the larger exhaust he lost some tq, but should still have gained at least some kw/hp
thats what im thinking, but stock range from as low as 133 or so ive seen for hp. so he may have gained a little bit but most lancers stock put down around that much, me personally think the piggy back and timimng module are a waste of money, there was a guy who shot before and after video of his installed, it may be in this thread, but there was no performance increase from the before and after he took.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Well, he appears to have gained 7 tenths in the 1/4 as stock GTS will run a 16.9 or so. Which is a good increase, however, the dyno numbers don't support the mod list does it? One would have thought that all those mods would have increased the HP\TRQ more.

But to be realistic about the whole thing, in order to get major gains on a N\A engine either a reflash or head work will yield way better gains.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:58 PM

I dont know if this was answered yet but you T'd into all wires except with the Solid blue. Green coming into the piggy back and purple coming out? i ask cuz the wiring instructions i got SUCK.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:56 PM

Yes, tap them all but the solid blue one. You cut it as you said.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo10HKS

im wondering the exact same thing , something does not make sense here because with all mods i did feel the car pull better , and when raced other lancers on a track i beat them all , yet dyno numbers are not adding up at all ,

any help on this would be greatly appriciated , i dont expect huges numbers but i did expect more then what im getting

i was thinking about re tuning the piggy back to the mods i have on my car , but i know nothing about it and i have yet to find someone that does.

but something doesent add up here , my first thought was i lost power increasing the size of my exhaust , but it was only a 1/4 inch increase , which i was told would be ok ,
Old Apr 10, 2011, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by veloracer
Well, he appears to have gained 7 tenths in the 1/4 as stock GTS will run a 16.9 or so. Which is a good increase, however, the dyno numbers don't support the mod list does it? One would have thought that all those mods would have increased the HP\TRQ more.

But to be realistic about the whole thing, in order to get major gains on a N\A engine either a reflash or head work will yield way better gains.

makes no sense to me at all

maybe it was the dyno? it was a dyna pack dyno which i heard doesent show correct numbers , but when compared to another lancer with just a intake we ran the same numbers , im very confused about this all

does the piggy being tuned for 87 and the timing being tuned for 89 have anything to do with it?

does the piggy need to be tuned proper to the other mods i have on my ride?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cannot explain the dynos except ones we do. Dynos will always vary. Like you said the car DOES RUN BETTER though. Dynos have to be done back to back on the same dyno but only after the piggy (really the stock ECU) learns so that take 50-100 miles to do right. It throws off dynos because not everyone can be so scientific about their dynoing. I understand though. Often the dyno is the issue and confusion between crank and wheel power etc...It you are happy with how the car runs prolly understand that is what counts. When N/A mods are done it is sometimes hard to create ideal testing to show the proper gains.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jan 7, 2014, 06:42 AM

hey all. I need the software/ instructions. i have the unit and cable. PLEASE HELP

tect 631 662 7686 anytime