Notices

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 100$ GUY
ROCK, this mod changes in anyway the AFR??
Afr is slightly different in some load conditions but primary function is timing advance! Timing advance = power.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Timing Mod...

Rock, can't wait to get one... I love your companies products, I own a few of them... It's a pile of parts in the dining room, getting installed by my uncle in two weeks... Very excited... RRM upr frt & rear strut bar, lwr tie bars, truss bar, rear sway bar, frt & rear pad and rotor uprade to slotted & drilled in cast. Front RRM steel braided brake lines... I'm stoked... I haven't figured out the install for tie & truss bars... I'm sure you have install instructions... huh...?

briefly Sorry...

Last edited by JoeyBallGame; Apr 2, 2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fixed word
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:48 AM

well just got a CEL here in canada, removed the timing box and the CEL went away?, hey rock sent an email to brian and rob, if you guys could get back to me asap via email or phone that would be great, thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

I think I know why you gor CEL. Call me tomorrow. I will be at the shop 10-2 PAC. It is an easy fix.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Just my opinion, but this module has not had enough positive feedback for me to even think about buying one now. More negative then positive! I guess the only true way to improve the power on the Lancers is to turbo. Unfortunately, with a family and a daily driver, that will not be happening either. Guess I will just be content with my low payment and less than desirable performance from my Lancer.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:39 PM

this timing module works wonder on my car, i just think my fed spec car is too sensitive for this but i will find out tomorrow when i speak to rob, you do feel the gains with this product, i am hoping the issue gets resolved cuz i like this magic little box
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattstyle11
this timing module works wonder on my car,
This sounds like postive feedback. I know that is not all of the story but I am unaware of anything with this guy. If it works wornders but you get a CEL, it is still worth it because you just unplug it if the need arises. OTherwise, WORKS WONDERS is something. We will be in touch.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
Just my opinion, but this module has not had enough positive feedback for me to even think about buying one now. More negative then positive! I guess the only true way to improve the power on the Lancers is to turbo. Unfortunately, with a family and a daily driver, that will not be happening either. Guess I will just be content with my low payment and less than desirable performance from my Lancer.
lol i find it funny you say that an an hour later somebody pops up and says "oh this works wonders"
Old Apr 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

My point exactly! No positive feedback that makes it worth considering. At least not for me!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:42 PM

Just an update... I had issues with my car and I thought they were from this timing box. Rob got me a new box and I found out I had an air leak in my intake. I fixed the leak and got the new box on right now. No CEL, no SES. I can feel increased power, but didn't get any lower times 0-60. I don't know any other way to rate this box, except for the fact that I am satisfied with what I got. I know some of you are looking for some freakish power increase, or someone that can bring tangible results, but I don't think I can do that. Maybe this box isn't for you then. I don't have access to dyno but I trust RRM. Thanks to RRM for looking out.

Last edited by jeremy_ton; Apr 22, 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: changed "notice" to "get"
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:33 AM

The more aftermarket go fast parts you add, the more gains you will feel... A slight increase in horsepower, like 4WHP for under $200, sign me up... The timing box and the piggy back ECU is in the near future for me... But, right now life is too hecktic... I have to wait a bit...

Hats off to the guys at Road Race Motorsports, they diligently stand behind their products. You don't see that often now a days...

Last edited by JoeyBallGame; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Changed Verbage
Old Apr 30, 2009, 04:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jeremy_ton
Just an update... I had issues with my car and I thought they were from this timing box. Rob got me a new box and I found out I had an air leak in my intake. I fixed the leak and got the new box on right now. No CEL, no SES. I can feel increased power, but didn't get any lower times 0-60. I don't know any other way to rate this box, except for the fact that I am satisfied with what I got. I know some of you are looking for some freakish power increase, or someone that can bring tangible results, but I don't think I can do that. Maybe this box isn't for you then. I don't have access to dyno but I trust RRM. Thanks to RRM for looking out.
I knew it was just something with your car....... Frustrating cause it has been nothing but great reviews except you had all these wierd codes. Glad you found the problem with your car! ENJOY.

ROAD/RACE
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:45 PM

*Update* Code came back so it wasn't an air leak problem but... I took the box off of my car until I figured out what my real problem was. Turns out that I had 2 overtightened spark plugs and their gaps were closed down. It caused me to have SES P0171, lean in bank 1. I'll be at a track this weekend now that my car is running smooth and code free. I will judge performance before the box and after the box. I will post results. It has been a long 7 months of troubleshooting and I'm ready for some results.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:47 AM

Thumbs up Great news

Originally Posted by jeremy_ton
*Update* Code came back so it wasn't an air leak problem but... I took the box off of my car until I figured out what my real problem was. Turns out that I had 2 overtightened spark plugs and their gaps were closed down. It caused me to have SES P0171, lean in bank 1. I'll be at a track this weekend now that my car is running smooth and code free. I will judge performance before the box and after the box. I will post results. It has been a long 7 months of troubleshooting and I'm ready for some results.
Great news that you found the needle in the haystack, can't wait to hear your review. I'm twisted in purchasing their little black box...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am look forward to the review too, I have been thinking about buying the timing box for a while.

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power