Notices

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depending on which year model mustang and with full rrm list of items on his car, I believe him. does he have a 09 gts? im too lazy to read back. 1994-99 mustang gt's only had about 215hp. And a full bolt on with ecu and timing + stick shift should be able to "COMPETE" (not win or whip) with a STOCK ralliart.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Wait, are you saying that your Lancer can compete with Ralliarts and Mustangs and that you've dropped a full second or more off your 1/4 mile time? You must have a lot of mods otherwise I absolutely call BS.
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, you cannot simply redefine terms to make yourself feel better. You're not even close to harassing Ralliarts or Mustangs. You're at best a high-15 second car, in stock trim the Ralliart is a low to mid 14 second car while the Mustang is a high 13 second car. The only way either car can lose to you is if they're driven by the mentally handicapped.
This 09 GTS is running 14.5 with minimal mods, and there is proof. I don't know about this guy, but this shows it's possible to get around stock RalliArt #'s being N/A
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...stage-2-a.html
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrolikz
This 09 GTS is running 14.5 with minimal mods, and there is proof. I don't know about this guy, but this shows it's possible to get around stock RalliArt #'s being N/A
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...stage-2-a.html
That's a Puerto Rican car, they always seem to run faster than anyone else. It also has more mods than the other person's vehicle and is fully tuned. You're also discounting the driver and it appears that it is not on stock wheels, maybe tires. They have a 60' of 1.9 seconds, that's nuts for a FWD car. Even stock they're running a few tenths faster than anyone else.

Last edited by ambystom01; Sep 17, 2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a Peurto Rican car, they always seem to run faster than anyone else. It also has more mods than the other person's vehicle and is fully tuned. You're also discounting the driver and it appears that it is not on stock wheels, maybe tires. They have a 60' of 1.9 seconds, that's nuts for a FWD car. Even stock they're running a few tenths faster than anyone else.
they have pretty much done EVERYTHING you can to that car it is MAXXED out so yes amby is right, that car can not gain ANY more HP without being turboed.

id love to have my gts running like that
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

It can gain more power if they changed the camshafts, ported the head, etc. but according to them, it's done as far as bolt-ons are concerned.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

It can gain more power if they changed the camshafts, ported the head, etc. but according to them, it's done as far as bolt-ons are concerned.
exactly. from what they have shown they have done some good work, not sure if they got any vids but with those results they definitely should.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

I'm convinced that there is something magical in the Peurto Rican air, cars always run faster there. A stock Ralliart would probably be in the low 14s to high 13s there.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Money and attention to detail translates to speed.

ROAD/RACE
Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
they have pretty much done EVERYTHING you can to that car it is MAXXED out so yes amby is right, that car can not gain ANY more HP without being turboed.

id love to have my gts running like that
Not disagreeing with the arguement, I do not think that we can compete with either of the above mentioned w/out turbo and supporting mods. But I will say that this car is not maxed out. It has a pully, drop-in and axle back with a tune. There is a lot more they can do to that car before it is maxed out.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

That's a Puerto Rican car, they always seem to run faster than anyone else. It also has more mods than the other person's vehicle and is fully tuned. You're also discounting the driver and it appears that it is not on stock wheels, maybe tires. They have a 60' of 1.9 seconds, that's nuts for a FWD car. Even stock they're running a few tenths faster than anyone else.
Thank you Amby,

I read and posted this question myself. I have a video of an old 1990's lancer beating a new Lancer GTS here in Antigua that I took about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if the new GTS was auto or stick but it was quite a site to see.

1.9 60 foots on a front wheel drive car without slicks I would almost call BS.
My Evo runs 1.9 60s here although the track is a tad slippery at times.

As for the times being faster, it has to do with us in the Caribbean being closer to sea level. The Air is denser so hence the cars can make more power.

WADAD
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:40 AM

So it rained in Stephenville, TX for 8 days. I think I'll have good weather this weekend to put this box to the test. I am so far 50 miles code free after fixing my spark plugs. It wasn't over tightening that closed them up though, it was dropping them into the spark plug holes that closed the gaps. Dumb I know, but also the NGK iridium metal bends easily. just fyi
Old Sep 18, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EngRWW33
Not disagreeing with the arguement, I do not think that we can compete with either of the above mentioned w/out turbo and supporting mods. But I will say that this car is not maxed out. It has a pully, drop-in and axle back with a tune. There is a lot more they can do to that car before it is maxed out.
Read the thread, the shop flat out says they've maxed the stock engine out.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
Thank you Amby,

I read and posted this question myself. I have a video of an old 1990's lancer beating a new Lancer GTS here in Antigua that I took about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if the new GTS was auto or stick but it was quite a site to see.

1.9 60 foots on a front wheel drive car without slicks I would almost call BS.
My Evo runs 1.9 60s here although the track is a tad slippery at times.

As for the times being faster, it has to do with us in the Caribbean being closer to sea level. The Air is denser so hence the cars can make more power.

WADAD
That's what I was thinking but even then, the times are nuts. 1.9 second 60' is crazy fast.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

It is maxed out with the current mods, but there is possibility for more with simple bolt ons (i.e. SRI, full exhaust).
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:45 PM

Im going for turbo Rob and Im jumping off the walls! I called too late today so we'll speak in the morning, I hope u got one waiting! And a side of clutch too please. HAHAHAAAA yea biotches!

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power