Notices

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know Jeremy loves it. We have talked on the phone.

ROAD/RACE
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the timing box is well worth it if you think complete package. An out right necessity actually and I’m a hard man to convince when it comes to stuff like this. Now if you want to call it a day with JUST the timing box..cool..but no one N/A mod I’ve experienced to date will make you drive with spirit on an application like this. RRM products in the N/A lane all go hand in hand so I’ve noticed one addition elevates the other very well as Rob has said before I remember. I have all the N/A and I really took notice when I added the box which I added last. Even with an average 116 degrees I notice the car when it comes into power. And its quick enough to be fun with a manual and it fits perfectly into the role I have for it here. I’ve tried it against some other sport oriented cars to see what’s all really going on(not simple cars like a Celica) and both myself and them were pretty impressed and wondered what more serious mods could turn out For example some of my buddies drive: Datsun 510(turbo sr20 swap, custom exhaust, raised boost to 9lbs and some other stuff-doesn’t sound impressive but the cars only 2400 pounds or something like that), 09 Ralliart(stock), mustang gt(exhaust). The Ralli and stang are fair game at any time and the 510 not so much but even the 510 didn’t blast me like I thought it would at all. Losses teach you more than wins and the importance of balance is obvious and more clear to me now than even when I was driving a turbo Lancer of which I noticed I would still loose to cars that didn’t feel as fast but would still pull on me, thus the complete package I’m talking about. The Lancer is easy to impress in because no one expects ANYTHING. I’ve thrown the car in a class I call the "harass" class. It’s hovering with cars that run 14.5-15 secs in the 1320. Id say stock it was more like 15.8-16.5 secs in the 1320 so not bad. See even when the claims being made of a 08-09 turbo lancer running light modified Evos I believe it completely.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Wait, are you saying that your Lancer can compete with Ralliarts and Mustangs and that you've dropped a full second or more off your 1/4 mile time? You must have a lot of mods otherwise I absolutely call BS.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:22 AM

It is what it is, believe it or not. Stock ralli isnt all that fast. Compete-yep No I dont have video, times, air video, car and driver review, your mom as a witness, sworn statements and all that stuff to prove. So it is what it is. Its my review of the car.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well given that you have no proof and no explanation as to the circumstances, forgive me if I continue to doubt your claims.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hum........... No comment. Its OK to feel the way you feel though. We should validate everyones feelings. even the people that do not have one of these cars or any of these mods.

ROAD/RACE
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LegendsoWicked
It is what it is, believe it or not. Stock ralli isnt all that fast. Compete-yep No I dont have video, times, air video, car and driver review, your mom as a witness, sworn statements and all that stuff to prove. So it is what it is. Its my review of the car.
My friends Ralliart runs 13.5 with a catback........
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an 06 ralliart has 162 hp, may be lighter, if its automatic (not sure if they came auto) it accelerates faster than the cvt, if its manual its all about the driver...an 06 ralliart is faster than an 08 lancer

Last edited by lancer0220; Sep 17, 2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: this has no relevance
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

He said the 09 Ralliart which has 237 HP and is AWD.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
He said the 09 Ralliart which has 237 HP and is AWD.
i stand corrected, didnt think an 06 ralliart could pull off a 13.5 but i do know that an 06 ralliart is faster than an 08 es.

i re-read that guys post, if he thinks a NA lancer can beat an 09 ralliart hes gotta be kidding, he would have to be heavily modified.

Last edited by lancer0220; Sep 17, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:03 AM

Let me ATTEMPT to break it down for some of you. READ what I wrote and don’t read into it and you'll sleep easy at night. Notice I said Im hovering with cars in the 14.5-15.0 sec 1/4. I said compete-COMPETE. My idea of what this means is obviously different than most of yours because I can tell you think Im roasting guys. The guy tells me his Ralli can do a 14.6 then its in my "harass class" like I stated and if the guys barely walking away from me(which he did so again you can sleep easy) he's one mistake or mod or two away from defeat and I call that compete. He even told me a gts ran right beside him before which is why he was interested to see mine. I doubt he wasn’t trying or playing because if I had paid for a car like that I wouldn’t want some Lancer keeping up or even close to me, it would make me feel slightly embarrassed and thats how it makes my him feel as well. Based off these instances is why Im placing the car in the range I did. 02-lancer-es, I could care less what he did with cat back, we know turbos get moving with simple mods Im talking stock here so focus with me. That Ralli was spooled up loud and proud and I don’t know what to tell you. Even the Datsun guy was impressed that I managed what I did and he's on me all the time to go turbo now. I can throw all types of things out there to cause a debate but it doesn’t matter what I say does it? You wont even believe professionals on this forum so why some regular Joe? I could have a turbo and say I beat ralli and you prob still wouldn’t believe it so my attitude is whatever to all of you. I said what I wanted and that’s the end of it.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
My friends Ralliart runs 13.5 with a catback........
isnt he also tuned ?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LegendsoWicked
Let me ATTEMPT to break it down for some of you. READ what I wrote and don’t read into it and you'll sleep easy at night. Notice I said Im hovering with cars in the 14.5-15.0 sec 1/4. I said compete-COMPETE. My idea of what this means is obviously different than most of yours because I can tell you think Im roasting guys. The guy tells me his Ralli can do a 14.6 then its in my "harass class" like I stated and if the guys barely walking away from me(which he did so again you can sleep easy) he's one mistake or mod or two away from defeat and I call that compete. He even told me a gts ran right beside him before which is why he was interested to see mine. I doubt he wasn’t trying or playing because if I had paid for a car like that I wouldn’t want some Lancer keeping up or even close to me, it would make me feel slightly embarrassed and thats how it makes my him feel as well. Based off these instances is why Im placing the car in the range I did. 02-lancer-es, I could care less what he did with cat back, we know turbos get moving with simple mods Im talking stock here so focus with me. That Ralli was spooled up loud and proud and I don’t know what to tell you. Even the Datsun guy was impressed that I managed what I did and he's on me all the time to go turbo now. I can throw all types of things out there to cause a debate but it doesn’t matter what I say does it? You wont even believe professionals on this forum so why some regular Joe? I could have a turbo and say I beat ralli and you prob still wouldn’t believe it so my attitude is whatever to all of you. I said what I wanted and that’s the end of it.
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, you cannot simply redefine terms to make yourself feel better. You're not even close to harassing Ralliarts or Mustangs. You're at best a high-15 second car, in stock trim the Ralliart is a low to mid 14 second car while the Mustang is a high 13 second car. The only way either car can lose to you is if they're driven by the mentally handicapped.
Considering you have no proof, no dyno numbers, no improvement numbers and you're honestly suggesting that you can take on cars with 70+ HP on you, you really shouldn't be surprised that we think you're full of ****. I might as well argue that my car can compete with and harass Corvette Z06s.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

will it fit a 02 lancer oz rally?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

They already have a piggyback for the 4G94 Lancer. No, a piggyback designed and tuned for the 4B11/12 will not work with the 4G94 unless your goal is a blown up car.

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power