Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Intake Info???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Info???

hi there i was wondering did this person custom the intake or it come like that.. cause the only info i know is its a INJEN SHORT RAM INTAKE. usually the intake is not that close to the GRILL. this one is close thx.

Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

thats an injen cold air, shortened to a short ram. i dont know why though
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

yes that is custom, in a matter of speaking. That is actually the COLD AIR INTAKE, just with the drop tube taken off. The actual Short Ram bends off to the side, more towards the fender, making the filter sit behind the battery. Reason I know this is cause I did the same thing after sucking up water with the cold air. The problem i've had with the intake sitting the way it does in the picture is, you are sucking up mass amounts of hot air comming off the radiator which gives you the worst gas mileage you can imagin. I hope this helps you out some.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:53 AM

cool thx man.. that help a lot cause i was going to do the same at the pic cause it look pretty cool.. guess i just get a ORIGINAL short ram then.. which intake is good? i was thinking of WEAPON-R.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

dont get Weapon R, the cone filter is known to break up and get sucked up into the engine.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

truthfully I want the actual Injen Short Ram. If you more into the Cold Air, go with AEM not Injen. Reason I say this is cause the Injen elbow connector is made of rubber and it may compress do to heat. the AEM one is metal just like the rest of the tube so you dont have to worry about anything compressing. Lemme know if you want more info.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

why would you get a short ram? the only reason i can see getting one for an auto is because they dont make a cold air for them. if your so worried about getting hydro lock, then just get the heat shield. its really not that bad. ive had my CAI on for over a year without a heat shield and the grill inserts taken out, and never had any problems, and yes i have seen plenty of rain and puddles.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:03 AM

I live in CANADA and it SNOW here. i would get CAI but problem is installation.. i'm not that good with new car.. how much are the AEM CAI cost?
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aem is legal as well... comes with carb/eo sticker. I believe it's the only intake that is legal for now. Thing i noticed about picture is custom header... looks good!
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:10 AM

All the AEM CAI i find so far are for 5 SPeed.. and my is AUTO is there any AEM CAI out there for AUTO???? thx
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

NO, if you have an Auto you cannot run a CAI. Unless you want to re-locate the battery and a few other things. If I were you I would go to www.overboost.com and search for the Injen Short Ram. They have it the cheapest i've seen.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah no one has CAI with auto... there are some poeple running short ram with Cold air tubing to intake. Seems to work out very well. J'slancer has one setup and pictures in his registry i believe!
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:19 AM

thx to all reply thx
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Nope, sorry, don't have a pic in my registry... check it out here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=custom+combo

Old Jul 1, 2003, 08:12 PM

How long does it take for shipping.. cause i would like to recieve it before SATURDAY of JULY 5, 2003 i live in CANADA EDmonton Alberta. so how long it take for international order???? thx
www.overboost.com

Quick Reply: Intake Info???