Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Dual Exhaust vs. Single
Single Pipe Aftermarket Muffler
40.57%
Dual Exhaust
55.66%
Stock is the best thing in the world!!!!
3.77%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

~~~ Project Dark Horse - 08 Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey evo_soul, been wanting to tell you that your car is looking great man. I wish I could do it to my car but in another life time. Anyways, I wanted to ask you what percentage tint I should get my Lancer. I got the all Black one ES. I see your car is like 20%/5% but I cant tell which is which. I wanted to get your opinion on which to get it. And can you see out the back? Sorry. LOL and Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
Hey evo_soul, been wanting to tell you that your car is looking great man. I wish I could do it to my car but in another life time. Anyways, I wanted to ask you what percentage tint I should get my Lancer. I got the all Black one ES. I see your car is like 20%/5% but I cant tell which is which. I wanted to get your opinion on which to get it. And can you see out the back? Sorry. LOL and Thanks.
I am glad you like it but there is much more hard work on the way to get the exhaust done, its only cause its the winter time that things are moving a bit slow. But i dont want to do any welding when its this cold. So i have exported some of the work to a friend in Japan to do the final refinements. I am also waiting on a rear lip solution that will allow a bolt on application and not have to do any cutting of the bumper. The bumper cut was a last resort. Waiting for the weather to improve so we can get out side and start playing with some fiberglass or something. I know nothing about this bodykit and molding stuff so i differ to my friends. Hopefully everything will be looking solid by spring time.

As for the tinting

ya it was 17% front windows actually, 5% back windows and rear windows, along with 5% for the strip along the top of the front windshield. the finish product is in my tint madness thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=tint+madness
Old Jan 8, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates on the exhaust?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Dyno again is put off (odd weather), I have a sponsoring comment by a Mitsu Dealership in town to commit one of their demo cars to a dyno run, you know one of the broken in ones. dyno rape a brand new 0 milage car is just too sick to do to the potential buyer.

The guys that are commiting their cars have winter tires on so they have to get them changed for the dyno and then change them back to remain safe from the elements so its gonna take more time. hopefully we can get more cars to join in and allow us to dyno a wider range of aftermarket parts.

we will see .

Other updates include a tentative deal in the works to get some limited or full sponsor support for this and other projects.

We will see.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Jan 10th Update
I am happy to announce a tenative agreement with www.bodykits.com and welcome their support of the EVOSOUL project.

More details to come as they come

Old Jan 11, 2008, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Congratulations man, that's great.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Jan 10th Update
I am happy to announce a tenative agreement with www.bodykits.com and welcome their support of the EVOSOUL project.

More details to come as they come

HELL YEA!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

so is bodykits based in canada or in the u.s.?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Their Corp. is based in Cali I beleive but i beleive they have affiliates all over.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

What's the latest with Dark Horse evo_soul? Still waitin' on the weather to clear up for dynos and whatnot?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:14 AM
Former Sponsor

lol well I was trying not to say something until everything is confirmed. But the low down is that there will be an official Dyno Summit held in Late Feb early March and one held in the Summer time during better weather conditions. The summit will bring together Lancer owners looking to dyno and profile their lancer for future dyno testing for a (small charge). I have made some calls and some sponsors have stepped up with donated hardware / upgrades. A local Mitsubishi in the area is providing some techinical logistical support for the installation of stock tires from winters and back again, as well as install sponsored hardware for that day (for a tiny charge which will help to get our cars in uniform condition) As details are getting confirmed official, Mitsubishi maybe be donating cough cough some cars for our science experiment. Vs. getting a car that is used and not verified un modded. This will ensure that all our baselines will be confirmed broken in stock. As well as a wonderful EVO will grace our dyno site for an official weight in. * I will provide confirmation of this when and if it becomes availible thru my contacts at Mitsu HQ. As for the sponsored hardware, I will be contacting each vendor (if i havent already) and seeing if they wish to support their product for the dyno. It will all be recorded and we will have an impartial supervisor ensure for a fair dyno runs. Local custom jobs are welcome to. And of course the EVOSOUL dual exhaust and if its ready in time my CAI + relocator kit will be there.

Official lists will be posted here when i know for sure.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I can't wait
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Ah, you've quietly been up to a lot! Great stuff man, I hope it all works out. It'd be really cool to see how different products stack up and compare to each other.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

he is a licensed ninja!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

ya been busy lately, weather has been really annoying so I am trying to work something out to utilize an empty but large hanger for a experiment. What else, finally got a quote for insurance for the evo, as it has been mentioned there is no data for the EVO yet for insurance companies to produce accurate quotes. So to the best of their ability they guess, and only next year will you find out if your riding in a protective tank, or a stunt car death trap. For my rip old age of 27 my quote came to 170 dollars which is better then i thought, and its pretty much guarenteed even beyond next year. I have a long family history with my insurance company so my quotes are usually pretty good for me and for friends of mine.

When i asked my agent for a basic general quote for inside vs. outside the city for a 25 year old male with normal deductibles and no bundling discounts, like adding life insurance, house insurance, etc...

the quotes come to
25 yr old male in Scarborough - $320
25 yr old male in Brampton - $340

for an evo, with no accidents. which in my oppinion is pretty good for a car that is likely to be a theft target. If you bundle other stuff then the insurance will go down.

oh and for those who live in toronto and are scratching our head, about the quote for brampton, I dont know but she double checks and apparently its cheaper to live in scarborough (in the city) lol who knew, lol but i am sure it will change after the first year. might go up might go down.

Let me know if your looking for insurance in ontario.

I will try to keep you guys up dated on the dyno list stuff too.

Quick Reply: ~~~ Project Dark Horse - 08 Dual Exhaust