Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

works drop in filter question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 03:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
works drop in filter question

hey i have a quick question about the works drop in filter.. its time to clean it/charge it.. i've done the cleaning and now worried about the charging aspect.... i dont want to over oil it but i want there to be enough oil.. how do i know if i sprayed enough??also what would happen if i over oil it?? is it just going to clogg up the maf?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
hey i have a quick question about the works drop in filter.. its time to clean it/charge it.. i've done the cleaning and now worried about the charging aspect.... i dont want to over oil it but i want there to be enough oil.. how do i know if i sprayed enough??also what would happen if i over oil it?? is it just going to clogg up the maf?
spray it just like you would spray paint i dont know if you can put to much in to be hoenst
Old Oct 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

well it says on the oil bottle do not over oil because it can damage the maf... the directions are there but pretty vague..
Old Oct 4, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This sounds like a stupid answer, but: Enough to make it blue again. The filter should look just like it did when it came out of the box.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
This sounds like a stupid answer, but: Enough to make it blue again. The filter should look just like it did when it came out of the box.
That's actually not too bad of an answer Although I wouldn't go for the exact blue that it came as since the white cotton fabric will usually change in color over time. It is possible to get too much on there and you won't want to have it bleed through to the clean side. Also, I'd recommend a couple of light coats over one heavy one. This will allow you to gauge things a little better. I usually spray mine with a few coats and, at that point, it'll look blue again.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 02:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

havn't seen you on here lately jamie.. you guys have any more plans for the lancers???