Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVT here. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the 5spd though, oh well. I'm going to make due with this ride until the time comes to get a sports car.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvscore
CVT here. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the 5spd though, oh well. I'm going to make due with this ride until the time comes to get a sports car.

i think we all wish we got a 5spd, until your in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 minutes to and from work...yeah 5 days a week not fun glad i have cvt when i get off work and im practically half a sleep while driving home.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

After reading this I really can't see it being worth $330...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
not to rain on anyones parade but

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf

dont kill the messenger i didnt find this someone on lancertuners did.

hopefully its not true

Good stuff. I'm pretty sure the worst won't happen in my ride, but as he said it isn't impossible. We shall see in a few days.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
true but this is removable, wont void warranty installs 5-10 minutes and doesnt need to be reflashed ever. also not sure how many places tune regular lancers.

other than works i know of none.

they only work with evos/ subies
If they find out you have it, I'm willing to bet it voids the warranty. A reflash isn't easy to detect unless you monkey with it and blow the motor.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:48 PM

i think we all wish we got a 5spd, until your in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 minutes to and from work...yeah 5 days a week not fun glad i have cvt when i get off work and im practically half a sleep while driving home.
That's is so true. When I test drove the 5spd that was the first thing that came to my mind, 495 traffic over in MD is insane around 3:00 afternoon until 5:00 in the evening. And the half sleep part, I know exactly what your talking about.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
If they find out you have it, I'm willing to bet it voids the warranty. A reflash isn't easy to detect unless you monkey with it and blow the motor.
that is if anyone is dumb / lazy enough not to spend 5 minutes removing it before they go to the dealer.

you cant really move a flash in 5 minutes...

thats what i was getting at.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

5 spd FTW... pittsburgh traffic on the side of a hill 5 days a week. Worth every minute. This is the softest clutch I have ever used which makes traffic a piece of cake.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

lmao \_ sprint, thx for finding...i was skeptical of the price i mean damn..thx again
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
that is if anyone is dumb / lazy enough not to spend 5 minutes removing it before they go to the dealer.

you cant really move a flash in 5 minutes...

thats what i was getting at.
If you know what you're doing, you can flash back to stock in under 15 minutes. I'm not talking about a full blown tune, I'm talking about increasing throttle response by playing with the throttle map.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

not to rain on anyones parade but

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf

dont kill the messenger i didnt find this someone on lancertuners did.

hopefully its not true
Good find. It was just as I suspected though, an amplifier theat increases the voltage but by doing so, you're reaching full throttle earlier (even though you're not depressing the gas pedal all the way).

What does this mean? Basically, the Sprint Booster makes the accelerator pedal
about 30% more sensitive. A side effect, which can readily be seen in the graphs
in Figure 3 and Figure 4, is that the accelerator pedal becomes dead beyond about
two thirds travel with Sprint Booster.
It is important to note that any accelerator signal into the ECU using a Sprint
Booster can be duplicated exactly by a driver without a Sprint Booster, merely by
pressing the accelerator pedal a greater distance. There is only one small
exception, which will be covered later.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

this reminds me of that Venom thing awhile back. Back in Super Street and Sport Compact Car.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

not to mention the diff in time that it actualy does so if ur gunnin, unnoticeable..not worth 330$ whatsoever..and here i was thinkin sumtin useful came out loool, til next time
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:07 PM

I've seen a lot of the fake trash out there. I really trust Evosouls opinion. Anyway, it isn't like I can't get my money back.

BTW, I was just notified that their out of stock
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ambystom01
If you know what you're doing, you can flash back to stock in under 15 minutes. I'm not talking about a full blown tune, I'm talking about increasing throttle response by playing with the throttle map.
lol how many people know what they are doing hhehe, alot of the time I dont even know what I am doing.

trial and error is my friend

Originally Posted by I Am God
not to mention the diff in time that it actualy does so if ur gunnin, unnoticeable..not worth 330$ whatsoever..and here i was thinkin sumtin useful came out loool, til next time
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and perspective. My take on it is. when you drive a car, or race a car *on a track of course, you want the car to read your mind. if you want 65% power, you should get 65 power. 75% power or what ever your heart desires, without having to wait. Some say, lag, what lag. its only half a second or a quarter of a second. The point is, alot can happen in a fraction of a second.

What makes me really happy about this product is the fact that it turns the tables on the Mitsu CVT brain. Which is notorious for under delivering in terms of performance. I can not tell you how many times I have to replant my foot to get the engine to get over that RPM hump. for it to figure out I dont want to tip toe, I want to gallop. For example, I dont normally turn the car over to my girlfriend when we go out. But for this I decided its for science so what the hell. I gave her a BS story that I was feeling sick and she should drive. She started driving and about 5 minutes into it, she asked that question. WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE CAR? I told her nothing, just took it in for a tune up. She asked me 4 times WTF did you do to it? Its never driven like this before? Eventually I gave in and tossed her the book that came with it. Then she was like Oh... then told me wtf didnt i get this before?

You get the idea.

I cant speak for the 5 speed manual tranny guys, since its a different module, but I think its worth the money. Drive with it, if you dont like it, return it. Its addictive.

Originally Posted by dvscore
I've seen a lot of the fake trash out there. I really trust Evosouls opinion. Anyway, it isn't like I can't get my money back.

BTW, I was just notified that their out of stock
thanks for the kind words

Last edited by evo_soul; Feb 2, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*