Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Question on WORK AB install

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on WORK AB install

I just installed my works AB last night everything seems fine...
but as i was looking over the internet today for a "how to" on how to install i havent come across any....

My question is do you have to take out that metal donut from the stock mid pip before you bolt up the exhaust to the mid-pipe again?

I left it on , but saw in one person's photo shot that they took it off....although everywhere else i have looked no one has even mentioned it...

So basically do you leave that metal donut intact? or do you do infact have to take it off?

Hopefully someone responds quickly as this is a 3 day weekend and I have the free time to take it off and redo it ASAP.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 03:12 PM

You don't have to take it out. Maybe it is there so that when you turn on the car doesn't start making sounds like my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PBFydc_VI

Although I fixed that issue by leaving the stock donut thing there. Hope it helps.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

id like to really know my exhale should be her ein a day or 2..might have to end up callin works to ask...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do leave it on be sure to line everything up properly. If you don't the "donut" will cause the ab to sit off to the side.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Okay, heres the update:

So I installed the exhaust saturday as you guy know , today as I was pulling out of the gas station the car started to jerk as it drove. The exhaust itself was basically sputtering and i have no torque or anything....At first I thought it was the exhaust with the whole donut thing and me thinking there was a leak or something... but it to a shop and they said that that couldnt be the problem....had it scanned but they don't know what the code turning up is...but they and a few other ppl i talked to think it could either be the ecu having a prob with the exhaust or its the o2 sensor....

I am looking for advice on what to do basically...

any and all suggestions would be perfect
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

i dont get how that would make any sense at all the ab jus replaces the muffler theres no 02 sensor there, the only one i know of is in the catalytic converter that connects at the end of the headers... take to dealer because bolt on axleback i know for a FACT does NOT void warranty.