Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Lancer vs Civic Sedan Si

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread should have never existed if the main topic is perfomance.
Takes just a little bit of brain to know who wins.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by James
Sorry if this is the wrong place to start this. But it seemed to be the best place for my Question.

I am a mitsubishi fan by far. Ever since my old 03 evo. But I have been looking at some new or preowned cars and mainly 4dr ( I have a three year old ). I love the new lancer look, and beleave me I would just get another evo but the bank is just not quite there. And I also like the new Si sedan. I have driven the Si sedan and its pretty fun, has the room that I am looking for and its pretty decent looking.
But I am wanting to know why I should get the Lancer over the Si.
I know you guys will be a little bias but thats why I am asking you.

The way I see it, I can get a GTS M/T for less than the Si. Thats my big push towards it, I just wanted to know some of your opions on why you guys chose your Lancers.

Thanks Guys/girls

James
It was never about performance. I like both cars. But I am not comparing the performance of them. I just was wanting to know why some of you guys were buying the lancers over the civic si's. that it!

thanks
James
Old Sep 18, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
It's probably price more than anything else.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Well I get that for some it may be price, but the si I was looking at I could have gotten it cheaper than what the mitsubishi was trying to sell there GTS model with the 5 speed.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:39 PM

Honda's are amazing.....the people driving them are douches... 15 year old kids just get their license and putting mods in their parents cars..

or buying 2nd hand civics and then ricing them out and revving for attention...

Civics always rev when they see me driving or going to my car... sooo weird... especially if i just went grocery shopping with my mom... if it was a chick revving for my attention...thats a diff story
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:19 AM

Lancer ralli I just traded my 2012 civic si for a 2015 ralli art more power I loved

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
I'm sure the Civic has enough air bags. But if money is also an issue, you should FIRST check insurance rates. Then you should calculate gas mileale over the course of the next few years or however long you see yourself driving it and compare that to the difference in price. The honda will ALWAYS get better mileage. Let's not forget resale, no contest. I love Lancers, but from a financial stand point, there really isn't any discussion here. In the long run the Civic is a smarter buy if you're looking for a practical daily driver.
I traded my 2012 civic for the ralli for power civic is a great car but the insurance is cheaper for the ralli than civic and 4 wheel turbro has more running options and is much faster and easyer in snow civic is bad in snow and winter and the options dosent let u drive the car they way I wanted to I would go right than gsr and grab the ralli but not to pricey has the evo from some one that had both
Old Jun 13, 2015, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kyle ralli
I traded my 2012 civic for the ralli for power civic is a great car but the insurance is cheaper for the ralli than civic and 4 wheel turbro has more running options and is much faster and easyer in snow civic is bad in snow and winter and the options dosent let u drive the car they way I wanted to I would go right than gsr and grab the ralli but not to pricey has the evo from some one that had both
What the **** are you even talking about?! Thanks for bumping a 6 year old thread with a comment about a completely different car.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

I'll chime in about insurance too. Insurance on my 2009 DE is almost the same as wife's 2015 Subaru forester xt. Insurance says multiple factors make the car more expensive than others.

Oh... ND civic Si looks sick compared to my Lancer which I bought for $12500 new out the door. This gives me plenty of savings to put mods on. Favorite mod is rrm Sri btw.

2nd it looks like some Evo owners don't like DE or se. It's really ticking me off. Your Evo IS A LANCER TOO. If I had the 50k to buy a Lancer evo, I'd rather spend it on a lotus elise. A true drivers car.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

If you're spending $50,000 USD on an Evo, you're doing it wrong.