Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Lancer vs Civic Sedan Si

Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lancer vs Civic Sedan Si

Sorry if this is the wrong place to start this. But it seemed to be the best place for my Question.

I am a mitsubishi fan by far. Ever since my old 03 evo. But I have been looking at some new or preowned cars and mainly 4dr ( I have a three year old ). I love the new lancer look, and beleave me I would just get another evo but the bank is just not quite there. And I also like the new Si sedan. I have driven the Si sedan and its pretty fun, has the room that I am looking for and its pretty decent looking.
But I am wanting to know why I should get the Lancer over the Si.
I know you guys will be a little bias but thats why I am asking you.

The way I see it, I can get a GTS M/T for less than the Si. Thats my big push towards it, I just wanted to know some of your opions on why you guys chose your Lancers.

Thanks Guys/girls

James
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think the features on the lancer craps all over the civic si.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

The reason i chose the Lancer.

1.) The styling is way better, the lancer has that aggresive look.
2.) Cheaper / more options come standard
3.) Warranty
4.) Way to many civics / mazda running around.
5.) Gas mileage
6.) Safety. 9 Airbags (i may be mistaken)
7.) Colour

Cons:
With insurance being so high up in Canada for young drivers, its hard to get an evo without been raped. The Lancer is just a stepping stone till im older and my rates come down.

The paint sucks, so if you do get one get 3M film and mud flaps.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Two Words: Kneed Airbag
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure the Civic has enough air bags. But if money is also an issue, you should FIRST check insurance rates. Then you should calculate gas mileale over the course of the next few years or however long you see yourself driving it and compare that to the difference in price. The honda will ALWAYS get better mileage. Let's not forget resale, no contest. I love Lancers, but from a financial stand point, there really isn't any discussion here. In the long run the Civic is a smarter buy if you're looking for a practical daily driver.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMcraz23
Two Words: Kneed Airbag
What?

Thanks guys.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
I'm sure the Civic has enough air bags. But if money is also an issue, you should FIRST check insurance rates. Then you should calculate gas mileale over the course of the next few years or however long you see yourself driving it and compare that to the difference in price. The honda will ALWAYS get better mileage. Let's not forget resale, no contest. I love Lancers, but from a financial stand point, there really isn't any discussion here. In the long run the Civic is a smarter buy if you're looking for a practical daily driver.
The Si sedan does has standart airbags all the way around.
I didn't think about insurance, but I am also looking at the Si model. As for resale, I am planning on what ever I get drive it till it dies.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

knee airbag.

The image is what happens when you get in a front end collision of a car that does not have a knee airbag. This is my old roomate, a truck slammed head on into his mid 90s vette that of course didnt have a knee airbag. busted his knee.

I always wondered why the F**k do i have a knee airbag. then about 6 months after i got my car he emails me photos of his crash and im just like thank god i have a knee airbag.

Other than the damage to his knee he got a lash burn from the seatbelt no other injuries. meaning if he had a knee airbag he would have walked away without a scratch other than that caused from the seatbelt (unavoidable)
Attached Thumbnails Lancer vs Civic Sedan Si-knee.jpg  

Last edited by lancer0220; Apr 20, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Insurance can differ quite a bit from car to car. I'm licensed in your state. PM me if you want a quote for Progressive ins on both vehicles. I'll give you my number.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

that injury look abit scary
for me
i just think the lancer is better bang for the bucks
i brought a civic before i test drive a lancer
too bad for me
or else i would have gotten the lancer...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

I was in the same boat a month ago!

My advice, test drive both cars, see which one you like better. Remember, this is a car you say you want to keep for a long time so it's much more important that you are happy with your decision.

Look around, haggle with the dealer and get the best price, they have been known to give really good deals on the Ralliarts!

The RA is the best of all worlds IMO. More power than the Honda Si, cheaper than the Evo, fantastic daily driver! IMO, the RA is the complete package. The Civic Si Sedan goes for $22,000-$25,000 (USD). You could easily get a Ralliart for $25,000 (USD) with more options standard!!!

As for insurance, get quotes. This can be done online with little effort. The Honda Civic is a popular car, it is also a high theft risk IIRC.

In the end you have to decide for yourself, take the test drives, and don't just ride around and let the new carness impress you. Drive both the Lancer and the Civic. Drive a few of each model, try out different options. Better yet, figure out what options you are looking for before you buy. Do NOT compromise, not if you plan to keep the car.

Good luck man!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

its plain and simple take it from someone who had one...if you want performance get an Si. if you want a pretty car to drive around with for a daily then get the lancer dont expect to get a lancer and turn it into a fast car with bolt ons..its not that easy..
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

its plain and simple take it from someone who had one...if you want performance get an Si. if you want a pretty car to drive around with for a daily then get the lancer dont expect to get a lancer and turn it into a fast car with bolt ons..its not that easy..
Unless of course you buy the Ralliart, which is a performance car.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

one word..... PADDLE SHIFTERS!!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe im slightly partial to Honda because my GF owns an 06 Si Coupe but the Lancer and Coupe look fine to me.

It's the Sedan Si that's ugly as $hit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lancer vs Civic Sedan Si