Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4g94 JUNK??????????????

Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4g94 JUNK??????????????

So as I said in my first post I’m new to the import world. I’ve been reading a lot of post here and other sites and I’ve come to the conclusion that the 4g94 is junk. Yes a few little bolt-ons and a piggy back on the ECU (maybe) is as far as you can go with out spending around $1500 on pistons and rods (do everything myself anyone with money can go to a shop and say I want. You just feel better knowing you did it, anyway.) What I’ve read it can only handle 6 psi of boost stock and even the small Zex kit (25 shot) could put an end to it. If I’m totally wrong please tell me.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea.. theres people on here that have run about 12 psi on stock internals, just depends on the tune.

Swap it out for a 4g63 like a G. haha
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgill281
So as I said in my first post I’m new to the import world. I’ve been reading a lot of post here and other sites and I’ve come to the conclusion that the 4g94 is junk. Yes a few little bolt-ons and a piggy back on the ECU (maybe) is as far as you can go with out spending around $1500 on pistons and rods (do everything myself anyone with money can go to a shop and say I want. You just feel better knowing you did it, anyway.) What I’ve read it can only handle 6 psi of boost stock and even the small Zex kit (25 shot) could put an end to it. If I’m totally wrong please tell me.

a fully built 4g94 can make some serious power, im sure theirs others on here that made decent power with properly built motors.. if ur looking for hp the 4g94 can be done.

if u swap in a eclipse motor 4g64 and mate a 4g63 doch head ontop you just open urself up to some moar power ... i see a article in import tuner jun 10' issue of a guy doing a mivec 4g64 [ using a evo9 head ] in a evo. so if u follow the guide for the lancer doing the 64 swap and just replace the 64 head with a evo8 head.... well the rest is history....
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

No offense to the rest of the lancer owners but this guy realizes he didn't buy a performance car right?!

You make it sound like you are surprised that a stock econobox motor can't handle boost or nitrous....

If you wanted a performance motor, why didn't you buy anything in the mitsu line with a 4g63?

Now you can do what what is said above and have a nice setup, truely not sure of what the cost would be for something like that. Swapping motors in mitsu's isn't like swapping motors in the honda's.

what are you going to use the car for?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The lancer van handle 11 psi at the most 12 will melt the pistons like what was stated up above what are you doing with the car? There not race cars bro unless you build or buy a motor. O just turboed mine last two weeks really all I wanted was a little more power in my car becuase all my friends have fast cars.

If anything really bolt ons are junk
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

if you want a cheap fast car - go buy a honda crx and put a k20 swap with a bolt ons. I know you wouldn't do that, Im just saying as an example of what a cheap fast car

Car - $1500 - $2500
K20 swap - $4000

Should net you a fast car with bolt ons if thats the route you wanna go.

Making the car you have now fast is going to take a lot of money.... Its a fun project man if you have the time and money.

Right now,

I am building a POS CRX from a UGLY shell... my interior is almost done however it is very expensive process.

****, in the interior alone will probably be about $2000 - $4k worth of parts when its done.

Its all about patience, time and money.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:29 AM

Yes swapping to the 4g64 takes time but I and others here have done it for $1500. It is easier now since darkmitsu did the detailed write up on it. Not anyone can do it but the swap can be done. And you get around 20+ more hp out of it just in the swap alone. Turbo it without a head swap and you can put down 250+ hp easily with out engine damage and without rebuilding the engine too! So throw out the 4g94 and find a good 4g64 and make some history with the rest of us.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The lancer van handle 11 psi at the most 12 will melt the pistons like what was stated up above what are you doing with the car? There not race cars bro unless you build or buy a motor. O just turboed mine last two weeks really all I wanted was a little more power in my car becuase all my friends have fast cars.

If anything really bolt ons are junk
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:04 AM

yes i would have to agree where not messing around when you go ahead and just build the hondas in town here dont race me even with b18 dohc my single is definantly not something to take lightly with full weight down its a very good car but not as good as evo but its all on prefrences but it still can be show car ill get new pics of mine up soon new evo wing and lights this car is mean
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:30 AM

Not really want to race, but want it to be fun and still have a little to at least keep up with the most of them. Most people around here think with a tip and a short ram they have built car. As for the CRX I had a friend killed in a wreck a year ago and he was working on one me and 2 friends pulled it out of the weeds and dropped in a JDM did interier and paint for his mom so the car could lead the line. Paint wasn’t the best but we was only 15 min late to the funaral and we was palbearer so could not really start with out us, but after a day of sleep after being up for 72 hours straight. We took it out, it was fast. And yes Honda parts are everywhere. Witch tells me Hondas are over done. Thats why I don’t care for them. But I was thinking about a swap, Then again putting in a motor with out going thru it top to bottom your not sure what your getting. Was thinking about trying to find a 4g94 build it out of the car then do what I can to the one in the car then swap it out. But cant find a 4g94 anywhere. Anyway thanks for all ur thoughts and have a lot to think about. And as for the 4g94 I love a challenge.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a 4g94 with lowmileage if you want to buy it!! ill sell it for cheap, give me 250 plus shipping and its yours. unless u wanna pick it up, its in texas.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:06 AM

i too had a cousin die o the road to fredriksburg (dead mans curb) with is a nasty decreasing radius turn his buddy tried to take it going 114 in a cobalt (baaaaad ideeea) lost control he was ejected and roled over then slung into fence i too was pall gave speech and have quit drinking but i her what you are saying
Old Aug 24, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

The 4g94 is not meant to be pushed, it's meant for fuel economy, that being said it does have potential! I wouldn't waste a whole lot of money on bolt ons if I were you though. I have a SRI, Header, downpipe, HF cat, and a catback and honesty it maybe added a couple hp. Save your money for a turbo setup or the 4g64 swap if you are looking for some "fun" power.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds like he should go buy a honduh then if hes so pissed off at the econo motor
Old Sep 2, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
sounds like he should go buy a honduh then if hes so pissed off at the econo motor
Sounds like you should read the whole thread first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4g94 JUNK??????????????