Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine swap?

hey i have a 2004 lancer LS but i want a gutsier engine was thinking ralliart engine will it go is there a better option? also id need it for australia thank you
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
now you're talking about engine swaps...it seems to me that you're not sure what direction you're going with the car, you need to really reconsider what your plans are for the car...you're talking about going full bolt-on N/A mods, turbos, and engine swaps...pick a direction and go with it, my recomendation is turbo, but it's up to you...but you really have to figure out what your end goal is, cause the lancer platform can only go so far before before it becomes a useless money pit...like 400hp on a FWD car is stupid for example...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

yeh not sure yet swhy im asking questions get all info i can then make a choice? im doing NA mods for now for fun and not sure if i want to just go turbo or if i should get a ralliart or like an eclipse engine but itl be hard to get those engines because australia doesnt have em for some reason, so if you have any suggestions please feel free i dont care that its auto cause want it for sprint and im getting second car when iv paid this one off
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

if you swap engines now, all the work and money you've put into yours will be down the drain...i know some guys have put a 4G69 in an australian lancer, but i don't know if it bolts up to a CS6A chassis...i think your best bet is boost, turbo, super or nitrous...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

well the very first thing i ever wantd was turbo but there seems to be so many fake "super charges" gave up uno any where i could look at im sorta prob more familiar with super then turbo
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

i've seen some pretty ghetto hack job super charger setups, but hey if it works, you don't have to pop the hood, just let the competition weep...

it's all in your hands man...if you can dream it you can do it...the factors are time and money...some people spend 4 hours bolting on a turbo kit, some spend 20 years restoring a classic...

the thing i really want to stress is don't let maintenance slide to get "that next mod" and really decide what you want to do with it, and go in that direction....if you were made of money you'd buy 3 lancers and build one of each...but it's good to have a logical upgrade path depending on your build goals...like my Ralliart for example, i did things, like LSD, clutch, shift bushings, tires, reflashed ECU, suspension, head studs, solid engine mounts...cause these are all things that not only will benefit how the car feels to drive before hand, but also after i complete my turbo project...i have zero performance bolt ons, because i'm going forced induction... other than the AEM intake, but that's just for sound

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jan 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

yeh man do you have any where you can get super charger set up? be heaps helpful yeh im still deciding now what to do but yeh atm have some lil fun untill i can and have money haha yeh your ride sounds sweet i duno why australia doesnt have ralliart lancer it anoys me so much unless our "vrx" is the equivilant?