Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

MIL Eliminator... worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIL Eliminator... worth it?

Hey guys, i've read many thread's and post on this forum about the bigjoshracing.com mil elim. But . . . non- really seem to answer one question.

My gas mileage has gone to **** since i put on the headers, like 150-160 miles per tank. And, i want it to go back up.

I just purchased the mil elim, and now am wondering, will this thing will make the CEL Turn off? and secondly will it make my gas mileage go back up?

thanks guys

~ mike
Old Apr 7, 2004, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Mike, don't know if you got an answer but here goes:
yes, the CEL will go away with the MIL elim if the CEL is related to the removal of a cat.

and it's very likely that you'll get your MPG back to "normal"... see, now you're driving like the rest of us- fairly idiotically- and your MPG will suffer just for that. BUT now your ECU won't think there's a problem with the O2 sensor. When the ECU senses a problem it dumps fuel like your ex-girlfriend. This protects the engine. It should go back to fairly normal operation relatively soon.
the BJR MIL elim is really simple, and I used some male/female connectors to hook mine up in case I decide I don't want the test pipe any more and I want the O2 sensor to do it's job again. Remember, if you go Male sensor side to Female MIL elim side on one end of the MIL elim, the other end has to be Male MIL Elim side to Female sensor side in order for the wires to mate back together when the mile elim is taken out When you look at it, you'll see what I mean.

Timely answer, no?
Old Apr 7, 2004, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

haha thanks for the response, ya didnt take to long jk.

Well, i took my test pipe out and still have the CEL so im not sure if its something more than the cat error or if its b/c of the headers, which i believe it is. But - i will prob try ordering the mIL sometime soon since summer is comming up and ill be driving all the time and i dont want to have to buy gas every like other day since its soo much money now.

Thanks again
Old Apr 7, 2004, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

In no way should the test pipe make your CEL come on. Header definately will. I think that has already been posted before.