Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Sheroku's Lancer OZ 4G64 Project

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Sheroku's Lancer OZ 4G64 Project

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum, and perhaps a bit late with the whole 4G64 to Lancer swap, but I've been doing research for months trying to prepare for my swap. I bought a 2000 Eclipse Spyder GS for $300 (hell of a deal, lol) and have gotten the motor pulled, but am still in the market for many more parts. I have several questions and theories, but first let me summarize my plans.

4G64 Swap
  • DOHC swap with either G4JS head or Galant DOHC head
  • Forged Pistons & Rods
  • Still need 3G Eclipse MANUAL tranny. (selling the auto from the Eclipse I bought)
  • Aftermarket custom ignition system (performance coil, 8G wires, new plugs, etc.)
  • Headers (Plan to use for a while, but hopefully going to go forced induction at some point in the future)
  • Oil intercooler (more preferance than anything, plus a good option if I ever do go turbo)
  • 1994 Galant Timing Belt (for DOHC head)
  • Engine Rebuild Kit
  • Other Misc. Parts here and there

5 Lug Conversion and Rear Disc Conversion

Now, my theory for the fronts (just by comparing side by side with my car) is the Eclipse Knuckle and hub should bolt directly to my car and open my options for brakes. Normally, because of the CV axles, this wouldn't be possible, but this brings up my first question: Assuming the knuckles fit, will I be able to skip swapping transmission diffs from my lancer to the Eclipse tranny since the splines should then match up? is there any issue I might have? I would like this verified just in case, because it would save me time and money as I already have the Eclipse hubs+knuckles from my parts car.

With the fronts (hopefully) out of the way, onto the rears. Unfortunately, OZ Rally Lancers have a different rear suspension than most Mitsu's. The knuckle and trailing arms on the rear are one solid piece. So, I've been looking at tons of parts and researching (thanks to many of the awesome people on this forum like Darkmitsu, rpm_ruffryders, Senate6268, etc. and many other forums, lol), and it looks as though the Outlander trailing arm assembly for the rears is mostly the same. Can I source this part used and use the entire trailing arm assembly, along with the lines and cables and what not???

Any help and/or questions are much appreciated! This is my first post, so I'm trying to be as clear to my intentions as possible. I figure if Darkmitsu can run 167whp with just a header and Crower cams, then I can pull out a good amount more power with the mods I plan to do. Also, my final question for now, what would be a good, stable compression ratio to choose is I plan to run N/A for awhile before going forced induction? Ohhh, and I drive a 2003 OZ Lancer, lol. I'm super excited to really start my build, so all help is appreciated!!!