Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

low end torque engine mods?

Old Oct 8, 2002, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low end torque engine mods?

i was thinking long and hard about this today while driving. i know that i have a lot of high end torque thanks to the intake and exhaust..and that i can feel with a noticable difference, but what i'm wondering is how can one go about improving the low end torque of your car? i was thinking turbo or supercharge, but even then the higher the rpm the more torque..is it even possible to increase the low end torque of a car with simple mods?
Old Oct 8, 2002, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

I second that.....I have really good mid and high, but low is lacking....maybe a Differential upgrade?
Old Oct 8, 2002, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

IMO (someone correct me if I'm wrong), low end torque comes from building enough back pressure. If you want to improve the low end torque, I guess you have to stick with the stock intake with higher flow filter, and a big fat cold air storage pipe (product of ARC) would help. In addtion, better header and high flow car would help....however, larger than stock exhaust pipe (cat-back) would reduce your torque.

Just my way of understanding the whole thing...either torque or horse power, take your pick.
Old Oct 8, 2002, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mods for Torque

If you are staying Naturally Aspirted then some mods you can do for more torque is when looking at extractors choose a design that gives very long runners like our Race Design 4-1 extractors. Look at the differnce say between thr RPW design and the Kamakaze range. Ours are approximaly 4 times longer which will produce the same top end horsepower gains but produce more torque and hence help create a more driveable car at lower rpm levels.

Other things that help a lot with low end torque is a rising rate fuel pressure regulator which helps with throttle response at low rpm levels along with cold air induction feeds feeding richer air as well as nicely sized exhaust systems that are not too big.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au
Old Sep 4, 2016, 03:01 PM

I know what your looking for

Instead of giving the man a bunch of facts and stats give him an answer He is wanting more low-end torque there is a solution you can simply put smaller tires on the car reducing top end speed and gaining low-end torque
Old Sep 5, 2016, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow you just dug up an extremely old thread lol. Incase you missed that.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Lol wow