Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

"Your Car Pretend" "My Car Really" Scenario

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Your Car Pretend" "My Car Really" Scenario

Alrights lets say that you want to spend about $5000 to $10,000 into your 2005 Lancer OZ Rally (automatic) to make it the have the best performance and looks you can. You decide to go the RRM Turbo Route. What other parts would you get?

Alright the above is Im asking what should I do since I want to spend about $5,000 to $10,000 on giving my car the best looks and performance I can get. I know some of you will probably say buy a new car but thats one of the only things I cant do. So please just share your opinons and help. Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depends on your style.... get lightweight wheels/sticky tires ($1,000) depending on size. Tein coilovers or some other reputable brand (1,000). Turbo (roughly 4,000), Supprting mods, exhaust/intake, ext (2,000), then around 2k to play with...... I could be a little off on some prices.......
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:40 PM

I mean be specific if you can: What kind of wheels/tires? What kind of Supporting Mods (I dont know what I should get to go with Turbo)? What kind of intake/exhaust? Would you do anything to the look? Please as much advice and help as I can get is great. Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Damn dude...if you want to spend that much money...go with a motor swap, and get rid of that crappy engine/trans. Go with a 2.4 mivec, lsd, brakes, wheels/tires.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 04:47 PM

I cant motor swap or stuff like that. Ok lets try to stay with mods that improve the performace and looks. No swaping endines or things like that sorry and thanks. I really appreciate it. Also I said 5000 to 10000 it doest have to be the most or the least. Just what you would get if you had the same restrictions as me and why you would get it. Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

put it in the bank
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:28 PM

I said on the car!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Well, it's your car. We can't tell you what will give it the best looks because then that takes the fun out of customization. As for performance, why not search? This forum is pretty wealthy of information. Look for what mods support a turbo kit, then read and compare product reviews by peers. I saw your other post about you being new to the automotive scene and with these posts I can see that you know a little more than before, so why not continue? A few years ago I knew little about cars but with the help of this site and other little sites, I got to know a lot more. It's amazing what you can find out just by looking around for parts and then searching here or googling them to find out what they do. RRM's site is pretty decent for providing information, a lot of their products would say "a must have for turbo guys" yadda yadda, have a look.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hardt45
put it in the bank
If money is easy to get for you, then spend away, but if not save it for something that really matters, school, house, not on a car that will be worth nothing in a few years.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:38 PM

Or I could ask here and get opinons while aslo looking on my own. Just please hsare your opinons. Or atleast tell me what are mods that go with a turbo kit. thx
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Your question is utterly vague. I just get the feeling you're being lazy. Anyone who wants to mod a car WILL have their own opinions about how they want to go. But a lot of people get stumped when they come across a few good looking wheels, or a couple good tires that they want to choose from.

I would never count on anyone else to spend 10k of my money but me. If you're uncertain, the best thing to do is save the money when you need it. Honestly, modding a car is not a necessity.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:49 PM

Listen I need help in choosing performance parts for my automatic 2005 Lancer OZ Rally. Im going with a RRM Turbo for sure and I need to know what other performance parts I need that would make the turbo its best per say. Just please help. Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah what he said

Originally Posted by Autogasm
If money is easy to get for you, then spend away, but if not save it for something that really matters, school, house, not on a car that will be worth nothing in a few years.

+1
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

ok, like 17x7 wheels with 205/40/17 tires such as toyo proxes 4's (I have them) or even some light 15" with some tires (be cheaper and more on performance side).... RRM turbo with inter cooler. header, high flow cat, cat-back exhaust. since you have auto, short ram intake. Guages to go along with turbo (boost,afr, etc, etc). tein coilovers, probably basic... fuel pump/rail I think is helpful with turbo. theres some cheap mods that are cool, black out your headlights. mabey get some eyelids (cheap and do make front a little more aggressive).
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Guys i think he wants ideas like this, Get a new exhaust that can let your car breath more. If you going for a turbo go with a coil over set up for better handleing, also a rear sway bar ect. I would even get a front and rear strut bars. Get better tires and LIGHTER wheels, dont get anything that weighs more then your stock stuff. Geting heavier wheels if your moding for performance IMO is pointless no matter how good they look. <------ fell free to disagree with me anyone. those are just a start. Not in any order but i would get a better exhuast ect before i go turbo.

Quick Reply: "Your Car Pretend" "My Car Really" Scenario