Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Are regular US Lancers starting to turn into the next Civics?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are regular US Lancers starting to turn into the next Civics?

I dunno the more i drive around the more Lancers i see on the road, which isnt a problem at all really. But what is sad is that im seeing more "riced" out Lancers driving around, all done extremely untastefully. Tuning a car is okay, making a car look nice okay, but only if it is done with taste and a bit of moderation.

Two years ago i would be one of the rare Lancer drivers around here, maybe one of three or four. Then last year it turned into tons more. Now theres a ton of them, and ton of them driving around with really ridiculous looking visuals on them. Much like the Honda Civics, which are basically a big joke now because whenever many think of "ricer", they instantly think of a Civic.

I have seen some Lancers that was terrible. A white stock ES Lancer, terrible sounding fart exhaust, and at least 30 stickers on the car. Maybe 10 on each front door from companies im positive he doesnt have in his car, all down the skirts, and on the hood and across the windshield and rear windows. Then there is one that i see which is a yellow OZ Lancer, huge metal spoiler on the back, clear tails that dont really match the rest of the car, shiny hubcaps, and tons of stickers including a "NOS" sticker.

This is just a few examples, i can go on. Did you notice a sudden increase in the badly fixed up Lancers in the area? I really dont want to be associated with morons like this, i was hoping that out of my Lancer i would get a nice stylish car that isnt laughed at because so many of them are so badly riced out. It seems that its slowly reaching the point of a Civic.

Not everyone though, of course. Not intending to offend anyone on here, im sure we have all done some work to our cars to make it look different/better, i know i have. But most of us do it with moderation. Not disgusting spoilers, body kits that dont match the color of the car, really loud and obnoxious far mufflers, stickers of parts that arent in your car, and so forth.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:36 PM

not too many lancers in my area (northeastern u.s.) so the riced out civics def. outnumber us. i cant drive 5 minutes without seeing or hearing i should say, a civic. anyone can buy a civic and slap an exhaust on it and think their car is hot sh**. i think when the 2008 lancers come out, including the ralliart, older civic owners will become jealous and hopefully realize that their 10 year old car with a 100 dollar exhaust aint all that bad as they think. imo if your gonna mod a car, either be serious about it or just dont do it...personally all i have on my 04 lancer is some rims and tinted the windows alittle. i also added the oz spoiler. i didnt add an exhaust and start driving the car like it is some speed demon (cuz we all know they are not unless you turbo it or do extreme modding) i am probably gonna go with a 2008 lancer in the future, never was really a big fan of civics neway. i wanna drive down the street and have people say, damn, nice car dude, not oh...another civic...lol
Old Jan 11, 2007, 02:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Think of things this way... all these plain cars and untastefully modified cars make your car stand out even more. If you ever head down to a show like HIN and you see some plain and common cars done nicely it stands out from all the other plain or even ricey ones. If your car is modified tastefully it is bound to turn some heads on the street regardless of all the other variations of it driving around.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

yeah bro, there's a ricer here that is silver with 2 streaking decals down each side, 2 stripes down the middle of the roof & hood & trunk, and one of the loudest exhaust tips i've ever heard. all that does is make me laugh. my friends all tell me that they're glad mine turned out like it is, and not like his.

cliff notes: lancer ricers? they're out there. lancer = the next civic? no way
Old Jan 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

maybe SKUNK2 can and AEM would start making parts specific for our vehicle..
Old Jan 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe its just my area, but in Savannah, Georgia (live like 30 minutes away) there are actually tons of Lancers. Maybe 1 for every 5 has work done to it, and 1 for every 2 of those is done with no taste.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
So far I've only seen one truly riced out lancer in my city (although from the local car forum I suspect there are more but I don't see them). It was a white lancer with a huge metal wing and a fart can. Compare that to the civics I see. Just yesterday I saw one with a large and aggressive primer front bumper, miss match panels, loud exhaust and, as any true ricer has, lots of useless gauges inside to monitor his bone stock and obviously not raced engine.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

This just means that Lancers are becoming more avalible to people.
Besides I don't think any other car can be as bastardized or molested more than the civic has been.
Any car can be riced out.

Last edited by Xylene; Jan 11, 2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah of course any car can be riced out, but i noticed over the past year the increase in riced out Lancers in my area.

Lmao, awesome story though. I was at the mall in Savannah yesterday, someone had one of the newer Eclipse models with a wild disgusting body kit. One of the bodykits that have two holes in the back for two exhausts, but both of them were empty and he put some funky looking rectangle exhaust below the body kit. So he has two giant empty exhaust holes, and an exhaust that looks goofy as hell on an Eclipse in a really misplaced spot.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

i hardly see any lancers up in jersey but when i drive down to florida i see so many lancers while driving
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah in the Northeast they are still relativly rare. Actually i see more Evo's and STI's then regular Lancers.

I think the reason they are becoming more popular as "ricer" vehicles is because the price for a used Lancer has bombed. Now anyone who wants a "racecar" can make one out of their used/beat/pile of shyt Lancer. Unfortunatly ppl are more interested im making their cars look like instead of feel like. I personally think its too much 2F2F and not enough real Drag/AutoX for the ppl who do this.

Just my .02
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

i know when ever i used to see a car with a body kit that doesnt match that rest of the paint and ect.. i automaticly thought ''rice''. but hoestly i have respect for some of them, more work than you think goes into fitting some body kit and getting them ready for paint. i say this because my car is like 4 differnt colors right now.. but ive been workin on it as much as i can on top of havin school 4 days a week.

but as far as the role call stickers go i think most people go way overboard with that.

i see some cars that look really clean compaired to mine as it is now, but then they go and throw 10 stickers down each door and side skirts, and have some huge banner across the windsheild.... and that pretty much just kills it.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I don't think there is any excuse for driving around with an unpainted bumper or kit. Around here it is especially stupid, all it takes is one rock and your new kit needs another 2 hours of prep before it can be painted.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

why even put the body kit on the car and drive around if its not ready too go on?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bene
why even put the body kit on the car and drive around if its not ready too go on?
Exactly.

Quick Reply: Are regular US Lancers starting to turn into the next Civics?