Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

If you've been looking for CEL Eliminators here they are

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2003, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HobieKopek

At'll do it too. The sensors need two different readings, but the voltage returned by an uninstalled sensor is libel to be enough to toss the CEL.
Getting close to OT here, but this is something that I've never really gotten a straight answer on. Why on earth would my header NOT throw a CEL? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but I have no 1st cat and I haven't had a CEL with both a testpipe and 2nd cat (which I have right now) installed...

Back on topic...

I remember the ILP fixes needed to be wired into the 2nd o2 sensor so it changes the second reading. Changing the 1st reading wouldn't make a difference since then it'd be the same (travels down the line?) reading once the 2nd sensor picked it up.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

This one went on the second sensor also, CEL still hasnt come on yet.
I thought about welding an O2 nut after the second cat and moving the sensor there but decided it was too much hassel and Im scared of welding on a cat, it looks like something that my not like to be welded on.

Hey ghostrider my initial CEL took thousands of miles to come on, but eveytime I reset since it comes on rather quickly.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

MY CEL has never come on because of the header; only when I was messing with my e-manage installation. This is more than 6 months of having it on.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I was told with my header I would get a CEL, but I haven't. I have had the header in for about 2 weeks and I took a trip to the 1/4 mile witch was about 1.5 hours away. I also have a test pipe, But no CEL. Does this mean mine does not work in the first place.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Just give it time so far only the RPW has proved to be CEL-less
Old Sep 10, 2003, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Just a quick update since I see the CEL issue keeps rearing its ugly head and people keep PMing me about it: I'm still CEL-less after about a month with the eliminator.
Old Sep 10, 2003, 10:39 AM
NRG
Evolving Member

Originally posted by fkrzo
Yeah, I was told with my header I would get a CEL, but I haven't. I have had the header in for about 2 weeks and I took a trip to the 1/4 mile witch was about 1.5 hours away. I also have a test pipe, But no CEL. Does this mean mine does not work in the first place.
You might get the CEL later down the line. I have had my Kamikazi headers for awhile and no CEL until maybe more than 300 miles later. I don't think it has anything to do with the miles however. I think if you drive it hard all the time, the CEL is more likely to come on sooner. Because I have observed it for quite some time and it is pretty random when it comes on. So to remedy this, I bought myself the MIL Eliminator and YES it does work like a charm.....
Old Sep 10, 2003, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Ordered my BJR CEL fix last week (on Monday). installed it this past weekend in about 20minutes. Works like a friggin charm!