Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

09 Lancer GTS...should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
sly
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imo lancers are great cars if your not looking for power. My friends drive theirs without problems but some are already looking for more power.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 01:52 PM

yeah I mean I have friends who drive GTI's i'm just not a fan of VW due to the parts costing a buttload. SLY that is the big dilemma...features and smooth look of the lancer or still pretty good features and power of WRX.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like the Lancer, but there incentives suck.

V Dub has 0% Financing for 60 months
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

^^ i got 3.9% financing on an 09 Lancer GTS over 4 years
Old Jul 9, 2008, 03:10 PM

well the day came and after pitting Mitsubishi dealer off of Subaru I copped an 08 WRX at 3.9% of 36 months. After test driving both today here's what I learned, no matter how many bells and whistles (sun/sound pkg., nav, key fob, paddle shifters) NOTHING can substitute for the thril of putting your foot into a WRX and hearing that turbo wind up and GO! Yes the lancer paddle shifters are cool but lets be serious...its a 174hp LANCER not an Porsche, Aston, or Ferrari. So thanks all for you help but i remain loyal to the blue oval and stars.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Wait till you start modding the WRX, I thought the car was great when I first got it but now that I've modded mine a bit, I know how much it was lacking.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

its all up to you man. dont let others tell you which car you should get. Pick what really makes you happy.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Well i bought a Lancer yesterday, its obviously not power crazy, but with the way fuel prices are going, i don't need a car where i would be tempted to punch it every time im at the line waiting on a street light.

Lancer is a pretty high tech car, good mileage, and it looks pretty sharp. If Gas hits $6-$7 are you going to want a car that gets 17 MPG but has power for the very few times that you really use it?

That is sort of how i looked at the Lancer. There are very few times when i really need a car with some power(i do mostly city driving) and so it was the way to go for me.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:57 AM

haha yeah the power is nice for the open VT roads and the awd make those curves just that much more fun. The lancer is indeed high tech but Subaru's just have the feel of having more quality. I've owned a few subarus before and modded them so I'm stoked to finally have one with the power plant. Plus a with the weight reduction i plan to do and intake/exhaust mods I'll hopefully be getting 30 mpg on the highway which I know is fully possible having heard that from other WRX drivers.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by He15man
Well i bought a Lancer yesterday, its obviously not power crazy, but with the way fuel prices are going, i don't need a car where i would be tempted to punch it every time im at the line waiting on a street light.

Lancer is a pretty high tech car, good mileage, and it looks pretty sharp. If Gas hits $6-$7 are you going to want a car that gets 17 MPG but has power for the very few times that you really use it?

That is sort of how i looked at the Lancer. There are very few times when i really need a car with some power(i do mostly city driving) and so it was the way to go for me.

Great, i know you got a good deal on that lancer! Hope you are enjoying it. Take some pictures when you get a chance and share with us.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
Great, i know you got a good deal on that lancer! Hope you are enjoying it. Take some pictures when you get a chance and share with us.
Thanks, i already posted pictures.

The $17,988 price tag was a bit off, $1500 of that was from Mitsubishi's rebate(military, eductation, loyalty) but i still got it for about 3 grand off MSRP