Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Road noise in 2008 2009 Lancer

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Road noise in 2008 2009 Lancer

I have driven a lancer for the past 2-3 years, first my parents 08 and now my 09 gts.

Im sure everyone has noticed the amount of road noise that is audible especially while driving at high speeds. Well this week I will be heading to California for a road trip and at the same time will be picking up a rear seat for my lancer to match the evo recaros i have. I removed my entire back seat and as soon as I pulled out of the driveway I noticed one thing, the rear seats help reduce road noise a lot.

I know people have recommended dynamatting the lancer to reduce road noise (ive done it to the 08) but what some people havent said was where exactly to dynamat.

It isnt necessary to dynamat the entire rear of the car, instead dynamat directly under where the bottom of the rear seat is, even try pulling out the rear carpet and dynoamat where the rear floormats are. Also put dynamat on the left and right side of the rear seat and on the wheel wells. To further reduce road noise put dynomatt in the entire trunk area.

The only reason I posted this was to help some people who may be tight on $ and can only afford so much dynamat.

When I dynamatted the 08 I bought a huge roll that was plenty enough for the entire trunk area so thats where I dynamatted, I should have started with the rear passenger area like I described and used what was left for the trunk area... anyway thought Id share my experiences.
Old May 19, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea dynamat the cabin floor area if you want to reduce road noise, and focus on the trunk/door panels if you want better audio