Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

alignment warranty

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment warranty

hey guys!

my GTS has about 5000 miles on it and its drifting to the left. I took it to an alignment shop and they told me that my camber is way off and can't be adjusted.

I took my car to the dealer today and they told me that they will take care of it. Now my question is HOW?? if the camber can't be adjusted then how do the dealer plan to care of the problem? will they just take my car in and let it sit for an hour and tell me everything is fixed??

thanks in advance

Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

stay at the dealership. watch them. That's how i do it.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 06:17 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

if the camber is way off and only having 5k on the car i would assume that it is a mitsu defect on a part and the new powertrain warranty that they offer should cover it, i would hope.

josh
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

no.. mitsubishi has a fine print "alignment" warranty that is 12k miles or 12 months... i could visit that dealership everyday until your car gets fixed.. my car pulls to the left still even with a camber kit that i bought online... its stupid ridiculous of mitsu.. when i first tried to fix my pulling to the left problem, i called the service department and straight up asked them well if the camber can't be adjusted how does the factory adjust the alignment when it rolls of the line.. the guy didn't have an answer...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
no.. mitsubishi has a fine print "alignment" warranty that is 12k miles or 12 months... i could visit that dealership everyday until your car gets fixed.. my car pulls to the left still even with a camber kit that i bought online... its stupid ridiculous of mitsu.. when i first tried to fix my pulling to the left problem, i called the service department and straight up asked them well if the camber can't be adjusted how does the factory adjust the alignment when it rolls of the line.. the guy didn't have an answer...
What is in the fine print?? What did your dealer do in attempt to fix it?

thanks
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

they said i would have to pay for it to get it fixed and it wouldn't be guaranteed that they would fix it.. so i said no thanks and walked out... the fine print is that they say bumper to bumper for 3 years and power train warranty for 100k-10 years or what ever it is.. but they never tell you the alignment has any warranty until you need it. and by then its expired
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:54 PM

they said i would have to pay for it to get it fixed and it wouldn't be guaranteed that they would fix it.. so i said no thanks and walked out... the fine print is that they say bumper to bumper for 3 years and power train warranty for 100k-10 years or what ever it is.. but they never tell you the alignment has any warranty until you need it. and by then its expired
so how many miles did you have on your car when you took it in??
If my dealer wants me to pay for it i would be extremely disappointed and angry.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i have 30k miles and they always kept telling me it was the tires and blah blah blah
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:19 PM

i have 30k miles and they always kept telling me it was the tires and blah blah blah
I read the fine print today. it says adjustment for 12K or 12 months.
so besides the alignment, how is the car running? powertrain wise.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

powertrain wise i have no problems.. alignment and some random rattles are my biggest problem with the car..
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by JRR
if the camber is way off and only having 5k on the car i would assume that it is a mitsu defect on a part and the new powertrain warranty that they offer should cover it, i would hope.

josh

Just an update on my current situation. So the dealership is obviously annoyed with this situation. They gave me the go around and told me the call the headquarter. Well, the rep at the coperate office is rude and also annoyed that she has to deal with an alignment problem.

Basically this is what they told me: PAY the dianostic fee. NO gurantee that alignment is covered or can be fixed. If no problem is found by MITSUBISHI, then pay the technician who dianosed the car and **** OFF.

so there we go.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

awesome mitsubishi service!!!
Old Nov 12, 2009, 07:46 PM

indeed. so the warranty is pretty much a advertising scam. because should any of us ever need to fix something under warranty, we have to go through so much bull**** that its easier just to get the problem fixed somewhere else.

can you please tell me exactly what type of camber bolt and what size that you have?? I think i need one.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Have you modified the suspension at all? If not, I can't see a reason why you'd need a camber bolt. I had encountered dealerships though who swear to me that my Lancer has a solid front end, which it doesn't. Even after I told them that I've personally been hands on with my own alignment, adjusting the front camber myself, they still told me that my car doesn't have a stock camber adjustment. This could be the case with that Mitsu dealer, although I'd be shocked if that is the issue since they should know otherwise.

Unless you've hit/bumped something, there's no reason why the camber can't be adjusted - unless the new Lancers now have a solid front end.